[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - San Tan Valley Speedway

San Tan Valley Speedway

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

San Tan Valley Speedway

Postby BigDave » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Recently finished up my new track. It has a foot print of 10x18 and is 5 lanes with 4 inch lane spacing. The surface was don for me by Fulltrigger it is CNC routed from MDF and has a bonded plastic type surface which has amazing grip. Here are some shots of the build.

BigDave

Re: San Tan Valley Speedway

Postby BigDave » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:03 pm

BigDave

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Man that is a big smooth track! Nice work and welcome!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby btaylor » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:24 pm

That certainly looks like a fun track! The surface looks great.
Whats your lane length?

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:15 am

NICE!!! Looks like some fun racing action!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Johnnyfly41 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Thats a beautiful track, very nice work.

I am curious about that "bonded plastic" track surface. Just what is it and what is the process ?

thank you,

John
Johnnyfly41

Postby chris » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:35 am

Wow, that is a great track. Fabulous variety of corners, gonna give you guys a heap of fun.

Chris.
chris
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BigDave » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:40 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments. The lane lenght is an average of 55ft. The surface is similar to melamine and has a slight texture to it the technical stuff is above my head. I have been told it is very similar to the stuff they use accross the pond for the BRM championships. It is super grippy and a very smooth track, works great with foam and silicone tires.
BigDave

Postby woodman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:21 pm

More than likely it is Black melamine mdf board , used in the cabinet industry,,,,very durable surface
I have some on my work surfaces , table saw, shapper etc...So if it can take years of lumber sliding across it!....
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard