[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I Need Your Help!

I Need Your Help!

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: I Need Your Help!

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:38 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:58 am

ElSecundo,

I am not going to rely on designs I make with Ultimate Racer. But for discussion, an example of what's on my mind seems to work to help others fully understand what I think I mean to say.

After I finalize my choice, then the real detailed designing starts. I will do things like very big radius curves to replace a straight and other things that you can not do with sectional track.

When I got stuck with Windows 8, my drawing package won't work. So I have to put together a system with XP on it so I can use my paid for software. I think so highly of Microsoft for not including an XP mode!

The discussion is super on this thread and I'm getting lots of super ideas. Thanks for all your comments.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby bill from nh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:55 am

Marty, if each turn had a different amount of banking, any of those layouts would be fun to run on. Most of my oval racing has been on a Ogilvie 85' trioval, now in PA some place. It had a flat turn where the front straight breaks, & different amounts of slight banking in the turns at the ends. It was a lot of fun running on that track. I ran mostly flexi cars on it, but I once tryed a friend's Group 27 too. A new Maine raceway recently bought a used quad oval. Once it's set up, I look forward to running on it.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:25 am

"Build it and they will come."
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:25 am

What was that - a raceway coming to Maine? And an oval at that?

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:37 am

I would go with the quad or Phoenix. You still have one long straight plus a couple of tricky points. I like variety and a track that is tougher to learn and get good at. One of the reasons I have stayed with plastic is the ability to easily change the track when I get bored with it.

So, one vote for quad or Phoenix.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:13 pm

I had a 4 lane try oval 20 years ago....Both ends had the same radius...This is how I would do another..3 different radiuses...With a squeze somewhere...
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:49 pm

The Big D would be fun to run on.....
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous