[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The new SoCal Speedway-Update

The new SoCal Speedway-Update

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Shotgun Speedway re-born

Postby RazorJon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 am

goodbye old track, hello new track
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:03 am

Sure hate to see that beautiful track go down,but Glad your getting yourself a great big oval!
Where does that leave the bullring? will you have to loose both to make room?
Im thinking were going to see a great big indy style track?????? but i could be wrong..... :lol:

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby SRQSloter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:23 am

Two year it's about time for new. :) But no road course anymore. :( Do Daytona style with the drop in for the road. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:34 am

Sounds like a great speedway under construction. If you miss the road course, you could always make one in the infield with lift out panels where the two connect. One of our club racers has a three lane road course that he can convert to a very long one-laner by lifting our the panel and replacing it with a crossover. I had planned to build a three lane 6x12 of the oval/infield road course type, but ran over budget for this year. Maybe I will start it next spring.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 am

I love this forum, but while you are writing up your next post, others have posted the same idea. I guess I will have to learn to type quicker, eh?
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:43 am

If car storage is a problem for you Dave, there is a great little storage area here in GA. i hear the rates are fantastic!
but from what i hear the weather or something causes brush wear???

Bob
U-Store it
and
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Slot car building party? Free BBQ?

I'm in!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BRP32 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Hey Dave!

Box up your routed road course and send it to me.

I will use it as therapy for the next few months while I am recovering from my neck/spinal surgery coming up shortly.....

You will have to include instructions on how to assemble the layout so my wife and kids will be able to put it together for me easily since I am on weight restrictions!!!! :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to your new track build.

Hopefully you will have something for me to read about after I get off the slicing and dicing table......

Take care,

Wayne :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Holy buckets!!! Look at you go. :lol:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Ember » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:58 pm

You don't muck about once you've made up your mind, do you? Good luck with the clean up. And we'll be watching to see the new one take shape. It seems Ovalocity is contagious.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:04 pm

And the prestigious HRW "Git'r Done" award goes to? YOU.

Too many times people let analysis lead to paralysis. Not you.

Ember, there is only one known cure: BUILD AN OVAL :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Well Dave I always liked your ol' track,but really look forward to your new one.
I know it will be more of what you are wanting in a layout.Have fun buddy!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Inspirational video for ya Dave! BIG OVAL!

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:14 pm

They go to the same place that missing sock goes :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard