[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The new SoCal Speedway-Update

The new SoCal Speedway-Update

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Shotgun Speedway re-born

Postby JT Previa » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Nice memento of the old track in your new display shelf.

JT
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Looks great so far Dave! Nice job with the shelves.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:12 am

But you have room for three more shelves in between those. You could almost double your car display.

Can't wait to see the track you are building. What's taking you so long. Haha!
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:13 pm

That's the way to get after Dave! Major progress right there.
I can almost hear the indy cars roaring!!!!!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Why it's practically finished.

:)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Definitely no moss gathering on that rolling stone!
Impressive progress Dave!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dge467 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Looking forward to your progress!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby btaylor » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:40 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:24 am

Smart thinking Dave! i had to go the 3 drawer "roally" storage under mine, not as nice or solid as what you are doing!
That is going to be very user friendly.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:47 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:57 pm

When I bought the ones for my shop, I got a better price if I bought the ones with a remote, which I thought was silly. WRONG. Because I had the remotes, I was able to mount the A/C units very high on the wall which made them twice as efficient and gave me uninterrupted wall space under them. Just one of those times when an intelligence greater than mine did me a good deed.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:27 pm

I know it's just an illusion, but it looks like the sheets of panelling are pushing over the wall. Haha!

The cabinet under the track is a great idea. Saves a lot of dust and clutter.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Here's a way to save a lot of bucks. Make "L" girders from a 1X4 and 1X3 set at an "L" to support the table. 2X4 is more than is needed and costs more as well as making the whole thing heavier. The "L" girder is stronger than a 2X4 anyway. Feel free to call. I can include a drawing to help when I send the taping machine tomorrow. I'll do it tonight.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Looking good Dave!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:44 pm

That is going to be huge, but I'll bet you find a way to deslot all the way across the field! Headed to the P.O. tomorrow.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard