[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My first wood track build...in Manchester, NH

My first wood track build...in Manchester, NH

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

My first wood track build...in Manchester, NH

Postby manchvegasracer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Last edited by manchvegasracer on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My first wood track build...in Manchester, NH

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Now this is a great build. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, those 2 guys are good at this. Bob is a fine supervisor I see. I knew he had it in him :)

I still have my lane color distribution system too :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 pm

WOW! Now that is a heck of an update! Congrats on what looks to be a nice track build going on there!
BTW - loved the battery powered car runs! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Very nice looking build! Love the battery car.....it's almost impossible to resist running a car as soon as the routing is done just to see the track "work". Nicely done, and enjoy the process!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:02 am

Beautiful !!!!
Slot Car Corner ROCKS !!!!!
How did you integrate a call button ? Do you need a button for each lane ? I only have 2 lanes and was wondering if I could place one call button between the 2 lanes ? Do you press the button a 2nd time to resume the race ?
TY
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:04 am

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:23 am

Only one track call button is needed. Pushing it once turns off the power and pushing it a second time turns it back on. Most tracks have a hand held switch on an extension cord, that works best if there is a spare person to work the button. If the drivers have to use the track call button it is probably best to have a button for each driver's station, however there is a possible hitch with that arrangement. When there is a crash two drivers might hit their buttons at the same time, in that case the track call would be cancelled. If it was me I would add a fourth track call button on an extension cord, SCC sells those as well. Track calls can also be activated from the computer keyboard using the Enter key or spacebar, my experience with that is that in the heat of battle the wrong key may sometimes get pressed.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:42 am

That's first class help! Nice work thus far.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby turbokev » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:55 am

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 pm

I can't wait for the open house
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:40 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:21 pm

To answer a few of the above questions:

I will be using dead strips for lap counting/timing and track mate software. I have the track mate stuff staring at me in the garage asking to be installed.

I will also be adding a 4th track call button for the "race director" to use.

Lane lengths are:

Blue - 61' 8"
Yellow - 60' 9"
Red - 60' 0"

Thank for all the compliments. Don't forget that I have had some great help so far. Painting the surface is on hold due to the rain and higher humidity. Hopefully can start on it tomorrow or Friday.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:47 pm

That is going to be one sweet layout!!! And, I second the motion about what Austin said.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Almost makes me want to relocate to New Hampshire.

Call Steve and Dickie and watch your track come alive.

It's a great thing to have those kind of friends.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Very nice, great looking track! Im going to fly those guys down here the next time I build a track. :dance:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard