[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Show-Me Speeday Road Construction

Show-Me Speeday Road Construction

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Show-Me Speeday Road Construction

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Well...no time like the present to start re-taping.

6 years and 6 different sizes of tape tested. The verdict? Any tape will work.

But with crawling up and down on the track, I have broken it and patched it more times than I want to admit.

SO...it's time for fresh pavement :)

What a mess. A good straight scraper blade is YOUR tool for this.

Progress will be reported in time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Show-Me Speeday Road Construction

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 pm

It's funny. Of all the things I have "collected" over the years....this surface is one I cherish :)

Hope I do not screw it up.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm

That's funny- I was all set to write a warning that you would be sacrificing a lot to give up the rubbered-in surface, and you already thought of it!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby acmost » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 pm

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Old Jaybird Tape :)

Venture MasterFoil copper tape, 1/4" wide, 1.25 mils thick

See the sticky at top of this forum.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Best tape on the market!!
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:03 pm

I'M curious to see how this comes out.... :shock:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby RichD » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:46 am

If it was me I would consider switching over to braid. Several of our tracks that originally were taped have been upgraded to braid. The modern method of using double sided tape to stick down the braid is much easier than the old method of using contact cement. The gains would have to be routed and painted, the tape does not stick to bare wood very well. Slot Car Corner has the bit for the gains, the tape and the braid. A tape roller is nice to have as well.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 pm

That had to be fun getting up there on top of that table. I remember helping you with that many moon ago. Might have been my 1st visit? Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm

ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard