[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Palmer Divide Raceway (PDR) v3.0 Updated 02/18/2015

Palmer Divide Raceway (PDR) v3.0 Updated 02/18/2015

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Palmer Divide Raceway (PDR) v3.0 Updated 01/25/2015

Postby dreinecke » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 pm

I was able to spend quite a bit of time on the track this weekend. I manged to get 95% of the screen down and about that much plastered. Looks like a blizzard hit the track LOL.

It does define the track a bit better now and there are no major canyon of doom areas.

I used craft plaster strips along the facia and track for a clean edge and to allow me to staple the screen to the side of the roadbed and not on top of it like last time. I had several areas where I got almost 1/2" of track back.

I've got 15 lbs of Sculptamold left, so that is the next step to fill in all the open areas. It does define the track a bit better now and there are no major canyon of doom areas.

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Looks good, it was a bit scary looking before, with all of the gaps. When I de-slot I tend to do it whole heartedly.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Looking good Dave!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Dundee Denny » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Amazing how this looks, always one of my favorite tracks before, this one will surely top that!!

Sure appreciate all the photo's some much we can learn from each other.

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:13 pm

David, just love looking at your track. More plz.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:47 pm

Mitch - a few visitors have managed to "off-road" in a few spots - luckily it has carpet under it.

Someone emailed me: YES, the room did get painted. I'd love to take credit for the black accent wall, but that was the fetching Mrs. Reinecke's idea and it looks awesome. I think I'll keep her!

Thanks for the kinds words, I'm pretty stoked to get going on the track again!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby eightwheels » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 pm

like the flow of the track, looks like a real good track to landscape. :auto-driving:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:37 am

Pretty soon the fun part begins!, looks like a great canvas for some super detailing. I love this track!
thanks for the updates David!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:49 am

Dave, that looks great! Good to see you getting the scenery started again.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer1h » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Great looking track......both layout design and the way the scenery is shaping up. Would love to run on it...looks hard and fun. Good Job!!!
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Come on down a race Steve - you know you want to!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dogsbody » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 am

Dave, got my slot box in the trunk of the M3, waiting...

Also, we've a 1/32 Cam Am race (Slot it 312PB and Alfa T33/3s allowed too [Slot it 21/5K max motor allowed]) scheduled for the 8th of February at the Colpar store track if you're interested. Doors open at noon, first car off around 1pm or so.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:41 pm

Mark - I'm almost to the point of having an open house...hang in there!

I'd love to run at Colpar but have plans on the 8th - when is the next event?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dogsbody » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Mark, that is great to hear that you guys are doing that up at the store! I'll see when I can get up there again - I had a great time running with you all last time!

Invite coming soon.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard