[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My 1st routed track.....WORKS !!!

My 1st routed track.....WORKS !!!

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

My 1st routed track.....WORKS !!!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Well it took a bit of time/planning/patience/ and help from great people on HRW but I manged to create my very own,one of a kind...2 lane 1/32 slot car track !!!
What a blast !!! I want to "create" another track.... NOW !!
A very special THANK YOU to Steve and Dickie at Slot Car Corner !!! I purchased a power supply/2 controllers/2 driver's stations and their wiring guide.
Slot Car Corner has a free wiring download that proved to be fantastic. Easy to read and understand.
When I started this project...."Depew Speedway" named after the town in which I live, I had some concerns.
But...through research and phone calls to Slot Car Corner, and others (Thank you all !), I made it happen.
Currently awaiting a set of homemade tires from a gentleman named Michael to see how they grip on my surface.
So....if I can do it...so can YOU !
If you ever wanted to try something like building your own track...ask me !! Or the other more knowledgeable people here on HRW.
I'll post more pics as details are added...retaining walls( thanks Modlerbob ), track sponsors etc.

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My 1st routed track.....WORKS !!!

Postby ourwayband » Wed May 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Looks Great!Watch out,it is addicting!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed May 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Buffalo Bob,

I see that congratulations are in order. Great job.

Yep, those guys over at Slot Car Corner are quite the characters. And that is so true. They will help you, tease you, torment you, but they are super folks.

Now comes the hard part, running in the lanes. Just get those tires on the car and start running laps. I think after getting the track to rubber up, you will start to really enjoy running on your track. I know we had a guest this past Sunday and he loved the traction level at our track. Not too much, not too little, just about right. It will let you run some great lap times, but if you overdrive the car, well then you will lose time to the other person.

Glad to hear you are once again happy.

Sorry I missed your visit on the 12th. Perhaps next time.

Marty
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:20 am

I have added a 4" piece of floor molding to the back straight away. I will create decals/stickers of various Buffalo businesses that I frequent such as Duffs for the best wings !!!
Once track sponsors are added I will have to figure out if I want to repaint the actual road surface for better traction.
I have added 4 print s of cars done by my cousin to the wall of my basement. You will see cable hanging from the floor joists above which will hold the backside of the track up, I added caster wheels to the backside in case I have to push the track against and up the wall for other uses in my tool area .
I MUST put a Slot Car Corner sticker on my track !!! Probably in a corner !!!
Check out the creations by my cousin at....http://www.problemchildkustoms.com/

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:48 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu May 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Well done Bobby, it looks great, fast and smooth.
You are going to have a blast with it , and you know this one leads to another one and then another one.
And then the scenery and upgrades ,,, lol
Have fun Bobby.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Great first track! Nice work!!! Go have some fun!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri May 23, 2014 7:51 am

Congrats! great looking first track.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:34 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:36 pm

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Sat May 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat May 31, 2014 4:28 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Sat May 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Bobby - the track is looking great!

I use the SCC holders, but the pipe idea Marty suggested works fabulous too.

As for the stations, I used $1 grey plastic blank electrical box covers:

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks Marty !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard