[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Suzuka South

Suzuka South

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Suzuka South...sorta

Postby acmost » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 am

Well, so close yet…

Looks like I will have to route a little anyway. This was the last piece I did and I don't think I can pull it enough to get the lanes to match up. I might try a little tomorrow. I still need to adjust the grid underneath it here & there.

Anyway…it's screwed together except for that, the seams are pretty smooth once I got the glue out of there. Funny how the track almost dicates itself where it wants to be elevated…not really but you can feel where the stress points are with the joined pieces. These aren't the elevations…just wanted to get it up. Look forward to tweaking the elevations.

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:14 am

Well...early this morning I let the track all lay flat and was able to get it to all go together with some muscle. Yay!
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Suzuka South...video

Postby acmost » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 am

Hey, ya gotta have fun right?
Double A powered.

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:14 pm

I was going to say I love the battery idea and that we must be related since I did the EXACT same thing...but I didn't hear you making motor noises, so I guess not...

Seriously, the track looks great, and while I know folks were giving you stuff about reversing the overpass, I think it was the right call.

Can't wait to see more updates!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby acmost » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Ahhhhh...fine minds.

Thanks David, yeah it just seemed the straight underneath was the way to go, this time around anyway although I originally had plans of doing something stupid elevation wise with the straight. :)
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:28 am

Alright den....got the paint on and had one roll of Venture tape left over from a year or two ago so I put it on & played around until I get some more...woohoo!

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Me again.

Later that day…got all three lanes taped, wahoo and also got the dead strip wired correctly so the DS200 triggers PC Lap Counter. I can only get two lanes this way but I'll figure out something down the line to get all three.

Anyway…got alot of tidying up to do & burned a few brain cells today trying to figure it out…but it seems to be working despite myself.

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Wow! This is really shaping up nicely! It really has a nice flow to it, and once it gets rubbered in it will be awesome!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby acmost » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:41 pm

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Turn the juice down and run some cars on auto-pilot for a few hours at a time. I did this with some Fly classics and it rubbered in quickly.

I am moving towards Paul Gage's Urethanes though as they are better than anything on my track except Ninco classic tires.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby acmost » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 am

Good plan...I have had a Parma Controller with Plastic Wire Tie on it for the phantom car. I don't know why I didn't think of that years ago...way better than duct tape & scotch tape. :) I'm still leaning toward Silicones here...but I haven't decided for sure yet. Thanks.
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Suzuka South...slow Nascars Vid :)

Postby acmost » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:57 am

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Fantastic. Looks like you did it :) Great job sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby acmost » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:04 am

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:30 am

It's looking good. Thanks for sharing the progress.

What are you using for your walls around the track??
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard