testing, testing...

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: testing, testing...

Postby bkrownd » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:15 pm

Unfortunately not only is this house incompatible with having a worthwhile slot car track, but I've even been unable to keep up with maintaining the place properly. (in terms of time, handyman knowledge and basic funding) Roof leaks, window and door failures, plumbing failures, weeds taking over yard, deteriorating paint, unreliable contractors...ugh. Money going down the drain at an alarming rate.

As a result the slot car stuff has all been in storage for a long time - entirely neglected - and I'm temporarily retired from the slot car hobby for the forseeable future. :( Hopefully some day this house nightmare will turn a corner...most likely the day we can ever sell the Beast...but what comes after that is The Unknown. :/
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Man that is not good news. I seem to recall JCIS4ME having similar issues in HI.

Hang in there and I hope you get the house and track sorted out!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby bkrownd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:53 pm

If I was a bachelor there would be no problem, because the 3rd floor master bedroom would make an awesome office and hobby room. But no, the womenfolk say we gotta waste the best room in the house by only using it during sleeping hours.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard