[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - All American Raceway...Update 7/21

All American Raceway...Update 7/21

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: New track started..Braid is here!

Postby baford1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Lee track looking good nice flow like the picture with the 2 Porsches & Ferrari can't wait till you start your sceanary

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:47 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:30 pm

"Done yet? Huh? Are you? Are you? What are you doing? When are we getting an update? Are we there yet?"

See? That's what those salads do to ya. You turn into a hyper kid in the back seat about 30 minutes into a 3 day drive. More meat and taters for this guy, please. Maybe with a side of gravy fries and bucket of cold beer... Oops. Now I'm hungry.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Braid is down...Wow that was easy!, I still have to wire it up but I was taking a small break first. After seeing how nice Harry's tracks are with the braid a few months ago I knew I wanted to do this on my next track. I have used tape for years but also had problems due to the elements that my tracks endure. My track is in our garage in Florida so the heat/humidity has always been an issue and my tape always peeled up in places. Not only that but I always had electric issues from dead spots and small tears in the tape etc. Don't get me wrong tape is still a very good inexpensive choice for wood tracks and works well but for me I needed something a little more durable.

With that said, I love the braid! It goes down super easy as you just press it down against the sides of the gains and the braid roller is nothing short of genius to roll it down as you go along. I only wish I had done this sooner but thanks to the guys at SCC they have made it so anyone can do this. I love the way it looks on the track and I even think my cars look better too! ;)
For anyone thinking about doing this I say go for it as you wont be dissapointed. The investment will be worth it in the end, it looks great, more durable than tape and you will get better power distribution with no dead spots. Its even easier to put down than tape. Yes, "it is so easy a caveman could do it"

I started by drilling 1/4" holes in the gains for my drops. Its not where I wanted to do them but there was a brace for the table where I originally wanted to put them.

Getting started on the first lane.

First lane completed.

Second lane getting started.

Half of second lane finished

Close up of braid on the track.

Braid completed.

ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New track started..Braid completed!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Dang, that was quick! Nice going, Lee!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Yes, great job Lee. It really does look and work great.

Congrats on your new wood :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Blah, blah, blah...all I want to know is if you used a 9v battery to run the cars around! How does the track drive, Man?

Seriously - it looks really clean and the tool IS genius. Glad the installation was a breeze. Having driven on Harry's, it is very nice. I don't think in an environment such as yours I would pick any other option.

For basement dwellers that have perfect climates (and no, you can't all move here), tape is still a great option - but the braid is awesome if your track gets moved alot!

Now, if you'll pardon me, I hear a salad calling my name!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:09 pm

...oh, and I'm getting SHORT of DUM-DUMs! Luckily, there is another box of SCC goodies on the way...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Looking great Lee. Aesthetically, nothing looks better than braid. Just looks so neat and tidy.

I guess having it this far means no scenery work for a month or three.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Dave, no 9 volt battery to try it out. I will just wait until i get it wired up. Besides the neighbors finally just got used to the engine and tire squealing sound effects coming from the garage that I have been making. Its going to be so quiet when its up and running. :lol:

Ember, I hope to get scenery started but once its up and running it may be too hard to stop playing long enough to get any done. ;)
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:42 am

I got it wired up last night and I am very happy with how it runs!

The track runs great, the power is just so smooth compared to tape and I don't care what anyone says this is the only way to go when you build a track. Even on a track that has perfect tape there is just no comparison.

I honestly didn't like the first few laps I did because of that little kink behind the pits going into the turn that comes out at you. If you don't pay attention it will get you and the car will flip out of it if you are going into it too fast. Once I got used to it though I like it because it makes you pay attention and you cant just hold the trigger down, you have to drive the car through that section.

I found the power is best at 9 volts with cars that have 18k+ motors but I ran that Slot It GT40 that I put Marks MT-1 in and those are great at 10 volts. Its almost like being back on the Midmo with that car and how much fun we had at Harry's. Track drives very similar to Harry's only its shorter.

Sorry for the late race report but once I had it running I spent a couple hours running cars...lol
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New track started..Up and Running!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Lee, the little track looks really great! :banana-dance:

Apologies for holding you up with the pre-taped braid, but very glad it worked out well for you :clap:

If I ever make to Florida, I'll make sure to drop by and run some laps with you... :shock:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby ListerStormGT » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 am

Dickie, no apologies necessary..you helped me out a lot and I really appreciate it! I owe you one. ;) You are more than welcome to visit anytime if you come down to FL.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:15 pm

ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New track started...Video

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Oh yeah, Houston we have ignition!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

PreviousNext