[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - River Hills Raceway - Lancaster Pa - Build Log - Updated 2/3

River Hills Raceway - Lancaster Pa - Build Log - Updated 2/3

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: River Hills Raceway - Lancaster Pa - Build Log

Postby Dangermouse » Sat May 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: River Hills Raceway - Lancaster Pa - Build Log - Update

Postby Ember » Sat May 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Terrific work so far. I hear you on the timeframe. 4 years on and I've still not finished. And all I want to do is start again!

Love the idea for recycling cans into armco. You should even be able to get the right turn-back finish on the ends, I would think.

Keep up the fabulous work.

Embs
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Sat May 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Great work so far. I really like the guardrail!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HRWJim » Sat May 25, 2013 8:43 pm

The guardrail idea is brilliant. Great looking track look forward to seeing updates. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby baford1 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:13 am

great looking track love your sceanery especially the lake did you put a clear coat on top ? & brilliant idea for the armco fencing like you said if it gets dinged more realistic

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cobratroy » Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 am

cobratroy

Postby baford1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:03 am

Troy it made your water look so deep I , really nice result can not wait to see more updates great work & it has given me many Ideas for my track

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cobratroy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Lane 1 - Featuring Gulf livery

Lane 1 - The controls the main panel are; brakes on or off, brake amount adjustment, lane volt adjustment , lane volt LED readout screen, track direction switch and a large call button.

Lane 1 - Lower panel features standard power taps and a Female XLR connector

Lane 2 - Red with racing stripes to match my Cobra :)

The panels are routed into a 1" thick piece of walnut. The lower face panel will be painted black some day.

Lane 3 - Featuring Martini livery

That's a lot of wires to hook up and solder.

I added plugs to the wires for easy maintenance.

I designed the faceplate art and printed on heavy stock. I cut the acrylic panels with a scroll saw and a drill press. I sanded and polished the edges of the acrylic.

Here are most of the components.

This is the LED display.
Last edited by cobratroy on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cobratroy

Postby Ember » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Awesome work on the control panels.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Alaskaracer » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Your panels are amazing! You could easily build and sell those.
Alaskaracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cobratroy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:59 pm

I just spend the past few hours restoring all the broken image links. I'll be posting track updates over the next few days. I've been to busy racing on the track and building cars to work on the scenery! But I got tried of nice cars crashing onto the concrete floor so I started working on the track again.

More very soon!

Troy
cobratroy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:19 am

I have missed these updates. Keep up the good work, Troy!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby acmost » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:05 am

I just read through this entire build thread...unbelievable dude, I don't know where to begin but I'll start here: the track design is killer, serious flow!

:Insert bowing down emoticon thingie here:
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hksk25 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:58 am

I race with Troy, and the track does have great " flow". The back straight into the sweeper and on the long middle straight is a very fast. But the off camber turn at the end of the middle straight is tricky.

Troy actually covered most of the " concrete accessible areas" with foam sheets, but we usually found another spot to take the plunge. A couple of the cars hitting concrete where mine! Lol!! It's amazing how cars will find a place you never considered.
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:02 am

WOW!!!! :o
That is one great looking track and the tutorial info you have shared is outstanding!
DEFINITELY looking forward to seeing additional details!
(LOVE the pop can to guard rail conversion!) :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard