Trackmate light bridge question

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Trackmate light bridge question

Postby Mickey thumbs » Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Anyone know how to move the IR LED’s in the Trackmate bridge? Confession- I already broke one trying. As supplied for Carrera 3.9” spacing, closest to my routed 4”, it puts the sensors in the bottom of the slot, not outside edge of tape/braid/rail as is shown in mfg and Harry’s tutorials. Is this OK? Did I ruin the pre-fab setup for no reason? I was trying to move the light so that I could put the sensors outside the tape instead of the bottom of the slot. I have an email in to the mfg support but thought the HRW crew might help while I wait to hear back.
Mickey thumbs

Re: Trackmate light bridge question

Postby kalbfellp » Sat May 18, 2019 4:36 am

Several of our tracks have the sensors in the bottom of the slot so we can run 1960’s F1 cars.
If you need to replace the IR in the bridge best to buy wide angle LED’s so easier to line up.
kalbfellp

Re: Trackmate light bridge question-Ouch!

Postby Mickey thumbs » Sat May 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks for the sensor in the slot info. That’s the current placement recommendation. I did ruin the light bridge :doh: . I found the answer in the manual once I loaded the program. Lights are not moveable- trying to do so ruins the circuit board. A new one is on the way. I guess it was too easy! Kind of like working on my BMW M Roadster. It looks really complicated until you figure out that often everything just snaps in place.
Mickey thumbs

Return to The Lumber Yard