[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Track 5

Track 5

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Track 5

Postby yngwie_70 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:05 am

yngwie_70

Re: Track 5

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:22 am

That looks like a pretty interesting layout in the picture - and the panel/module design of the mr.trax system looks like an interesting way to allow for change / tear down in the future! Look forward to watching your build! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby indybob009 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:41 am

Cool a new track to follow. Like the module design. 4 lane should be plenty. I would have one squeeze area.
indybob009

Postby mattb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:34 am

Recently built track.
P1010006.JPG

The best racing we ever had was on a similar design I built back in the 80's. I haven't been satisfied with any track design since then. I finally broke down and built this track last summer. It is fun to race on, we do run 1/24, so lane spacing is 4 inches. The flat end was still tight and I recently cut it off and replaced it with 5 inch spacing. It does make for a lot of side by side without nerfing. All lanes are equal, there is no faster lane. I think you will like your design for pure racing satisfaction.

I have also added 2 additional driver stations. The 4 inline are still functional, but there is also one at each end, and one on each side. That provides a lot more walk around space and clearer site lines. It was all pretty good as it was, but this is even better.

I was going to built traditional style legs, but found it wasn't as stable as I hoped. I ended up with a really solid track as it is. You can easily walk or lay on it. I can provide more info if you want it, but won't bore everybody with it in this post. One important thing I found was how much better it was using 2X4's for under track cross bracing and screws instead of a nail gun. Plenty of wood glue. You can see my leg design.

I do wish (kind of) that the guys were good scratch builders. If they were, I would be happy to build a smaller 1/32 landscaped track. I think the tracks on this website help fuel that desire. While I am at it, I might also build a small landscaped HO RR. Face it we are all ate up with hobbies!

Your design should be great.
Last edited by mattb on Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:46 am

This is Gypsy, it is a portable modular track.

Here is an article on building the track. At the time contact cement was used to stick down the braid, since then we have used double sided tape, which is much easier.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzLR42 ... sp=sharing

Here is a track with legs like a commercial track, this one was not modular, it was moved several years ago and taking it apart was not easy. That track used copper tape, there are now splices across the joints.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:12 am

dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby indybob009 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Haha' good one'
indybob009

Return to The Lumber Yard