[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Looking for a track design 14x6

Looking for a track design 14x6

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Looking for a track design 14x6

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 am

chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gt3racerich » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:33 am

IMG_5864.JPG
Sorry for the upside down photo?
This track is a bit bigger but can give you an idea as to what can fit in your space. It is 14.5ft long and at the widest point 8.5ft but if you remove the one curve that kicks out to the left, the rest of the track is about 6ft wide. Lane length is aprox. 57ft.
When I built the track I wanted to be able to use my 1/24 cars on the center lane. The first day that the track was running I tried that. The cars looked so out of place and and made the track seem so much smaller. I never ran them again.
gt3racerich

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:00 pm

I always liked the Flying Cow Raceway - pretty sure it is similar to the pic of the HO layout in slot head's post. I think you could fit it into the space you went 3 lanes. I would also go 100mm lane spacing for 24s as well as 32s
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:51 pm

Thanks, I prefer the cut out track like GT3’s.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Any design can be created on mdf and cut and manipulated for banked sections or elevation changes. Just depends on how creative you want to be and what you want for a balance between a fast or technical track. Either way it will give you a setting for photos to post of things you have for sale.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:01 am

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:31 am

that's a very nice track, unfortunately it's bigger than my space.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:10 am

Bruce,

I have a cad program on my computer that I can scale it all out to see if it will all fit as soon as you decide on a layout you want.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:17 am

thanks butch. i'll shoot you an email.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racin67Chevy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:29 am

If you give me the dimensions of your space, any post locations that need to be worked around, and the distance from any walls you wish to maintain, I can model you some options.
Racin67Chevy

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:33 am

cough cough, post 1 Ross. 14x6 LOL the actual room is 16x8.6.

thanks,
bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:51 am

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:11 am

Probably no choice but to put the back and one side of the table up against walls, leaving 2.6 feet in front and 2 feet on one side. If so, put a big sweeping banked turn against the sidewall and have a straightaway along the back wall. The open side could have more technical turns, though a grabber might still be needed. There are parts of my road course I have to use a grabber to retrieve cars, but the places cars typically deslot are within arms reach.

I think a slightly scaled down version of the 'Flying Cow' track could work.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:42 am

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:10 pm

I think it's just a ploy to keep us gravitationally challenged people from racing on your track. :cry:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard