1st routed track - small space layout

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: 1st routed track - small space layout

Postby mattb » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:19 pm

nice job
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 pm

I used screen cap as border walls along my turns. I got it at Home Depot. I asked a HD associate to help me find it, but he never heard of it. It's located near the screen doors. It bends easily. I made some posts to support it with square molding.

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sjc115 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks for all the kind words, it was a lot of fun building it.

Right now I am trying to learn how to use Race Coordinator and an Arduino board for race management/lights. I have all the components needed and have been playing with it, but I'm still struggling to figure a couple things out.

I already have plans for an oval build over Christmas when I have some more time off. Same space, 3'x8'. When I wired this one I tried to do it so that it would be easy to reuse all the wiring and just replace the top board (the track) with a new one. Then we can switch layouts if/when we want. Storing a (mostly) flat 3x8 board should be pretty easy. Hopefully the copper tape survives a bit of handling and storage.
sjc115

Postby slothead » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 am

Would it be possible to attach corner posts to the current track to act as legs for placing the oval on top of it? If the height of the lower track isn't to high, going up another 6-8 inches shouldn't be a problem. Then with a simple way to attach the power supply to each track (banana plugs?), all you'd have to do is switch which track it connected to.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby sjc115 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Not a bad idea! I'll have to think about that.
sjc115

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard