redmont motorsports park update

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

redmont motorsports park update

Postby kevinjr » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:05 pm

got a lot done on the track today nice weather outside so the shop wasn't too bad used the spray bottle technique on the track surface (like others on the board) it turned out ok i like it.I still have to wire up drivers stations but i have run each lane and it is pretty fun. coming down the hill on the backside into the next turn takes some getting used to but overall i am pleased with what i have so farshould be some close racing . i will be running scratchbuilt chassis cars mostly with smith speedway small block motors as well as some 1/25 nascar stuff on h&r chassis still have to add some more walls etc...enjoy fellas
Last edited by kevinjr on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinjr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: redmont motorsports park update

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Looking good!!!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:43 am

Kevin - the track turned out excellent. Looks like a great flow there! Great job too on the surface painting!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby kevinjr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:37 am

thanks david i used a tighter woven towel so that was my issue with getting the specks blended in also had a crappy spray bottle it would spray fine then 3 big drops would come out. on that little pit road in the picture i used a toothbrush to put some flecks on the gray it worked pretty good as well but overall i am pleased and yes it does have a good flow to it i cant stop running cars on it need to get the driver stations hooked up!
kevinjr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard