[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Painting coconuts

Painting coconuts

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Painting coconuts

Postby CVGshadow » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Just in case no else has seen it.

CVGshadow

Re: Painting coconuts

Postby buspor63 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:56 am

I liked it so much I created a YouTube ID just so I could save it and show to friends.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:53 am

My BIL is a major Audi fan with an S4 he road races - he loved it, and so did I. I'm so happy to see Dave and his company getting this kind of exposure and getting to create what I consider art.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:21 am

Great to see him turn a dream job into reality.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:15 pm

I watched it this morning when a friend sent me the link. Do you think SlotMods would be interested in taking on an Aussie trainee?
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:36 am

Wouldn't do any harm to ask,Ember; and while you're at it, you could offer them YOUR services as a consultant!

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Well... If the first step is unemployment, I've got that down pat. :( Now, on to step 2.

Many have mentioned the speed of the cars. May I remind you of two things...

1) The track is created for novices. Non racers who may never have driven a slot car in their lives. It is also built to show off the lines and firm of the cars, rather than the speed. This track was constructed to interest people in test driving the real cars, not for the joy of slotting.

2) Fast slot cars look bad on film. This film has been professionally shot to sell both the passion that Audi supposedly has to have commissioned the project in the first place AND to sell SlotMods' skills, not to sell ot cars.

Apart from that I tend to like the look of cars circulating at realistic speeds. I find it hypnotic and relaxing. But each of us have our own way of enjoying our slot cars. It's what makes it such a great hobby.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Ember » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 pm

The hunt has been hard slog since last April, I'm afraid.

But a once in a lifetime job offer has come my way in the last 2 weeks. So much out of the blue that it took me a week to absorb it. The only downside is the required move interstate, from middle of nowhere Victoria to spitting distance from Sydney NSW, and the fact that it means leaving aging parents to fend for themselves.

The last 10 years of crap might just be about to be balanced out. Image
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Ember » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm

I think rural towns are the same everywhere, aren't they? They all struggle to have something to offer people. I returned to family territory to escape the rat race of city life and regain some sanity post marriage breakup. OK. So, regaining sanity didn't quite work. But the last few years have been particularly difficult with people not spending money on what they considered luxury items.

If this move goes ahead, I'll be better off than when I was working in the heart of the Melbourne financial district. AND I'll still not be in the city rat race. AND I'll be working with slot cars. Win. Win. And WIN!

But I'd best not say anymore in case I jinx it. Meeting has already been set back 2 weeks due to current weather situation up north.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby baford1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:41 pm

I just watched the video & I think its great that a company like Slot Mods can really get the word out about our hobby & create such great looking tracks & I also agree with the people that say there are such talented people here on the HRW website agree 100% some of the tracks displayed here are just amazing there are a lot of talented people here building tracks , cars , sceanary etc we are all lucky to be able to view it & get a lot of inspiration from it , I love this hobby & plan on doing it for a long time

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard