[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!! Updated 02-01-2019

The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!! Updated 02-01-2019

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!!

Postby dreinecke » Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Thanks John!

Harry, everything is ready for inspection!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!!

Postby dreinecke » Wed May 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I managed to get a few things done over the past few evenings - all power related.

I recycled lumber from the old PDR track and made a small shelf for the power supplies to sit. All the wires are off the floor now as is the plugstrip. The fascia below the supplies will hold the digital voltmeter readouts that should be here tomorrow.

I also made a hanging shelf for the timing PC. I need a longer power cord for it, but once I get that I'll power it up and install the sensors under the track and the monitor.

The fetching Mrs. Reinecke is going to visit her family for 2 weeks very soon. She came down last night and looked around and said: "You're going to have this done by the time I get home, aren't you?"

Well, I don't know about that - I've got laps to catch up on!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Radarek » Wed May 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Week for landscaping
Week for laps
Perfect, and you don't have to sneak there between task given by wife.... she knows what you gonna do already. Awesome build.
Looking forward to trans am cars coming back for final round there.

Best regards
Radarek :text-bravo:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Two things:
1) A track is seldom "finished". Scenic tweaks, lane alterations, wholesale relandscaping....it's never really done done....but

2) What he said^^^^^
You can have the initial scenery done and several laps for rubbering-in within the next two weeks, what with fewer distractions.

Awesome build, as always.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Radarek - it's like you know me...I too cannot wait for the TA cars to come back. I'm pretty sure after testing my own cars that this round even the ones that struggled will be much better off!

Paul - come on, you know it'll never be done either. I really want to do some vignettes around the track more than the last time. I actually placed some of my structures on the track tonight to get a feel for where I want to put stuff.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!!

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 18, 2017 10:45 pm

I received my cheap eBay digital voltmeters today. They are great except for the wires being as thin as a strand of hair and breaking off the board. All three did that LOL. No sweat, I fired up my soldering station and attached some much better wires for my needs. Considering I spent $4.68 with shipping for three of these, I have ZERO complaints.

So, I cut my panel and wired them up. Very nice and I tested all of them and they are consistent in their readings.

The best part? I dialed down two lanes to 7.15 volts (pretty quick and no de-slots), dropped a few of my tuned Scaley GT-40s and P4 Ferrari's on and took them on in another GT-40. Running about 7.25 second laps, an hour and a half later (!) I figure I ran close to 900+ laps!!! What a blast!

While I loved my old PDR track, I have to say that the fetching Mrs. Reinecke was 100% correct when she asked me to re-think the squeezes and tight curves. This track has a fabulous rhythm, is quick enough, technical enough, and just a joy to drive. I'l have to take her out to some high-dollar dinner now probably, or she'll never let me live it down.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Radarek » Thu May 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Nice deal on those voltmeters and looks good too. What is length of the track ? How big table?
After having trans am proxy here in edmonton we will be getting old track down and build new one. We have space 14x7 and I was just thinking about exactly same design. Now I need to find something else. ...

Best regards
Radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:16 am

David.....the flow and speed of your track will be pretty nice. Your fetching wife recommended a great combination. You have raced at Smithtown, and while it has a long straight and several short quick sections it's also a technical driving track and the combination just works really well. You have the same thing and I predict you will really love it....maybe adding more elevation changes when you want a change.
Wish I could make it out there, I know it would be easy to spend all day at PDR!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Fri May 19, 2017 12:01 pm

32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat May 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Radarek - The track is 20x7 at the largest. Basically a 12x7 with a 4x8 into that.

Paul - Come on out!!! My next trip up in July - hope to finally see you all again then!

32lbking - The legs are from Ikea and cost $4 each! They are called ADILS and screw into the flange and have an adjustable foot as well.

Just spent another hour running - WOW!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Sat May 20, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi David, New track looking great. You already know I love the layout! So you have switched back to DC power now? Don't use AC anymore?

Waiting over here for the next update!
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun May 21, 2017 7:25 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappy » Sun May 21, 2017 9:36 am

Awesome . Loved the video too.
Well done David
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby MoparGreg » Mon May 22, 2017 1:49 am

How are you running ghost cars?
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Greg - Just a rubber band on a controller and turning the power to where the car doesn't de-slot. Very easy on this track.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard