[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!! Updated 02-01-2019

The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!! Updated 02-01-2019

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!! Updated 01-26-2018

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:05 am

I’m modeling as fast as I can... This year I want to get at least one entry into the grid that you don’t have to repair first! A truly amazing track David, can’t wait for this year’s T/A and the wonderful pictures there of...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Updated 12/21/2018

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:33 pm

I finally had some time to play in the basement this week. I've painted up roughly 20-ish figures I 3D printed, plus my RoadRunner for a little vignette on the track. The plan was to make Plymouth have a bit of a fan area.

The figures I painted are some of the very first I did - meaning 0.1mm resolution and a little rough in texture. They look good from a few feet away. I usually paint my figures in a rough fashion with drybrush and shadowing techniques and not much detailing. I also like to mute the colors. They look better in my eyes this way and less toy-like. I've got some store-bought figures that I am not fond of as they are too perfect, shiny, and have odd eyes. I refuse to paint eyes for that reason.

I added the new wood spectator fencing, moved my Leader Board to outside the curve, printed the Plymouth banner and painted my 3D printed RoadRunner figure. The kids running around it make me chuckle when I see it.

I really like the look of these 3D people with cars whizzing by. Much more "alive" looking than the cheap Chinese figures and they really make the track come alive.

150 figures left to paint...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Mitch58 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Looks great Dave. I've finally got all three lanes counting laps flawlessly. Now to get the rest of the room back together then start the scenery part.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks Mitch! Glad yours is coming along! The scenery is a blast! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dogsbody » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Nice work, Dave. I vaguely remember this track... hint, hint.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:31 am

Ya see, if your track was digital you could actually run all those cars in one lane.. :teasing-blah:
Sorry :shhh:
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:24 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Well, I got a few more figures done this week! It took about 15 minutes to plant them all. The area between Turns 6 and 8 was a little sparsely populated and looks better now. I figure about another dozen walking around this area and I'll call it good!

The concessions stand is doing booming business today!

I really should count my total number of figures on the layout now... I think I'm close to 400. Racer1H has got me there, but I have this 8 hours a day thing called a job, so I doubt I'll ever catch up to him ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ccobra » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Looks like you'll have to print up some burgers and fries along with some RC Colas to go on the concession stand. Those people may be going hungry or they just scarf it down before it hits the counter. :)
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:09 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: The ALL-New Palmer Divide Raceway!!! Updated 02-01-2019

Postby dreinecke » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:59 am

Mark - I've seen that method before. Awesome results, but way over my time and skill level lol!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm

As always, that track is looking great David. And those cars are cherry too!
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:23 pm

Steve - good to see you! Thanks! The track has been a blast so far!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:00 pm

That Road Runner display is awesome! I wish I picked up one of your Dodge Dart bodies when I had a chance! :cry:
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Sorry too. I have offered the file of it up for a 3D printer if you're interested...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard