[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Watkins Glen in Wood Update - Pedestrian Bridge for TrakMate

Watkins Glen in Wood Update - Pedestrian Bridge for TrakMate

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Watkins Glen in Wood Update

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Screen cap is what I am using as guard rails. I purchased it at Home Depot. It's very flexible . I bought a 16' square piece of square molding and cut it 1 3/4" pieces to use it as a guard rail(s). Now you need to find the perfect "Watkins Glen" blue to paint the rails.
I was at The Glen in 2016 when the had the 50th. anniversary of the Trans/Am series. It was awesome. I took some of my slot cars with me and took pictures of them together.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mr56p » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:34 pm

I remember you telling me you wanted to build this track years ago when you raced at my track! I should have known it would be a perfect job and an amazing track, and damned if it isn’t! Wow... just WOW!
Thank you for sharing your build, outstanding information and an outstanding track!
~Larry
Mr56p

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:00 am

Hi Larry! Good to see you again. Yes, I still have the track.

Bob, your building technique is so similar to large model train layouts, I would think that the huge library of train scenery info would be a big help to you. Woodland Scenics has their own book, and there are others by manufacturers as well as the dozens of books that are available all over the place.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Watkins Glen in Wood Update - Time for Scenery

Postby 73emgee » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 pm

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:06 pm

What seems most impressive is the 'pre-thought' you are putting into it prior to the construction to ensure the parts will come together later. The texture and sloping of the grass is phenomenal. Congrats on a job well done. Making your own Armco with your own roller, I assume? Let us know if you are selling Armco.
jeff
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 am

bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:44 am

Talk about great detail and forethought! Dying the Gypsolite so any grass that gets knocked off will show brown "dirt" underneath - VERY slick idea!
Thank you VERY much for continuing to share the build details!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: Watkins Glen in Wood Update - ARMCO and Catch Fencing

Postby 73emgee » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 am

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtribefan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Wow!! Love your work on this track.
oldtribefan

Postby GRUNZ » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Fantastic job on the track and excellent posting with great details on the execution.
GRUNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Wow! What detail and, as others have said, planning and forethought. Congrats on a great track build!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Outstanding scenery work 73!!!! Thanks for all the technical aspects of this build!!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:11 am

When finished, your track is going to be stunning!
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rooster » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Wow! Really great work going on there!! Fantastic!!!
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I'm finding some of this scenery building to be more tedious than enjoyable; however, I need to stick with it and not get distracted by running and tuning cars trying to improve lap times. I'm tired of launching cars onto the basement floor, I really need to finish the perimeter fencing. Another distraction is pursuing the web learning about chassis design and construction, can't wait to build my first chassis but I feel I need to finish this scenery building first. :angry-tappingfoot:
73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard