[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Watkins Glen in Wood Update - Pedestrian Bridge for TrakMate

Watkins Glen in Wood Update - Pedestrian Bridge for TrakMate

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Watkins Glen in Wood Update - ARMCO and Catch Fencing

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:39 am

Funny, I was going to attempt to extrude as you tried with your rollers, but determined the same thing after a test. The cable is perfect and I've got some areas I plan on doing the same thing.

Your track is simply coming along swimmingly! Beautiful work, Sir!

Meant to ask what you used for the fencing...haven't seen if it was metal or plastic and where you may have gotten that?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby 73emgee » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:40 am

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Any more pictures to share ? TY
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 pm

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby downtowndeco » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Nice layout! I really like that it has a more organic track plan than the usual slot car "back forth back forth straight section wiggle section back forth back forth....etc". That being said, how does it actually race? How is the "flow"?
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm

I just came to this thread. You sir, have built a beautiful track. With three lanes and all the turns I am sure this track is at least as much fun to drive as it is to look at. Really well done.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 am

THANK YOU !!
Simply.....gorgeous.
I live in the Buffalo area so The Glen is only 2 1/2 hours from me and it's a beautiful drive.
There have been 3 races in recent years that I have attended. Two were the Vintage Grand Prix event and one was an Indycar race a couple years ago.
My favorite was the 50th. anniversary of the T/A class. The car owners were so friendly. I took a bunch of my Scalextric cars with me and took pictures with the actual cars.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby indybob009 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:05 pm

Been gone for a while and just came back. Have to say your track is just awesome. Your skill is A+. Your fencing detail is some of the best I have seen. I am about to start a new track and your work is something to strive for. Thanks
indybob009

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Fantastic work. I like how you've kept racing lines through the corners. And the Armco barriers look superb. I had to do a double take of the photo with the E-type Jag in it. It looks so realistic!
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mr56p » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:13 am

Hey Bob... WAY past due for an update.
Mr56p

Postby ra7c7er » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:25 am

Awesome track layout. Watkins Glen is one of my all time favorite tracks.
ra7c7er

Re: Watkins Glen in Wood Update - Pedestrian Bridge for Trak

Postby 73emgee » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 am

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Wow! This track is really coming along! Fantastic work. Love the Armco barriers, catch fencing and the pedestrian bridge.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TAMELESSTGR » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:51 pm

That is one heck of a bridge, love reading about this track. Road America is not far from me, but problably not an ideal track to replicate in the corner of my basement.
TAMELESSTGR

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Simply....... WOW !!!!
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard