[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Ideas wanted for new routed ninco digital track

Ideas wanted for new routed ninco digital track

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Ideas wanted for new routed ninco digital track

Postby regalman82 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Santa (other half) was good to me for Christmas :mrgreen: . Got a new router and home depot gift card. Now the fun begins, as this will be my first routed track i want some input from the brotherhood of slotcar guys. I want to keep the n-digital aspect, dont know if i can take out the flipper and circuit board or just drop in the track piece. I would like to make the change overs longer so that they can be taken with speed. So here is my first design. what do you think , what would you change?

I forgot to say this is a 15'*8' area with 3 sides against the walls

Thanks for the input

Blake
Last edited by regalman82 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regalman82

Re: Ideas wanted for new routed ninco digtial track

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Blake

lots of up and back straights with 180 turns so it will be quick but probably not very challenging.

I am learning about these as I plan my third track my thread (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1443 ) My second track was a variation of Paramount Raceway and while fun to drive with some cars it was very predictable.

I enjoyed looking at these slot mod tracks some interesting variations in the turns an designs may give you some ideas.
Slag Raceway

Gussack Park

I like this turn

Lots more slotmods track photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/slot_mods_usa/
and their Youtube site

I also started this discussion on another forum about the type of corners to build - routed track allows you to get away from turns that look like set track - there are some good replies in there
http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php? ... ted-track/

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby regalman82 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Some great links there David thank you. Below are the last 2 plastic tracks ive had upImageImage

Both had the same outer section but different infields and the second is run in the opposite direction. I tried to not have the same curve sections with varying radius pieces

The back half needs to be a easier part to drive due reach problems. Not to mention needs to easy enough that the other half will run sometime.

Blake
regalman82

Postby regalman82 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Here is a design loosely based on the slag raceway by slotmods , reworked to meet my space. What do you think? the corners wont be constant like in the drawing sorry ninco software wont draw varying corners. :mad: Image

I really like this design seems like good flow and speed with some harder sections.

Blake
regalman82

Re: Ideas wanted for new routed ninco digital track

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:26 am

Looks good Blake

Maybe you can do something else with the space in the top left section - I think you said have limited access there but it would lend itselfto trying something different for that turn leading onto the straight maybe a big S through there

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby regalman82 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks David just what i needed. Like you i love my model trains also so this will be a visual track as well a racer. I have made some changes to the overall design, here is the latest revision.

Only thing is this is my first routed track, i hope i have not biting off more than i can chew here.

Blake
regalman82

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:14 am

Looks good

will be an interesting project

David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:36 am

Have no fear Blake, I'm only 20 mins away. I like the last two and with some elevation chagnes and some squeezes, should be fun.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Blake

a chap on Slotforum has started a thread on making a routed track - Jens does beautiful scenery I posted a link to his track in my thread - here is a link to his new thread http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.p ... ntry756540

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby regalman82 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks David and Tony for all of your help and inspiration. This is going to be a fun build.
Thanks again guys.
Thank you tony for having me over friday for some routed oval running, that was great
Blake
regalman82

Return to The Lumber Yard