[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Routed Carrera D132

Routed Carrera D132

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Routed Carrera D132

Postby 32lbking » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:45 am

I am using Chrome as my browser and I added the "photobucket embed fix" and I can still see most of your photos.
Can't see any on pg 1 and can't see the photos in the 4th and 7th posts on page 3.
But I can see all on page 2, and on page 3 all with the exception of the 2 posts listed above.
I read somewhere that if the pics were not removed from photobucket they will still be visible . At least until Photobucket decides to screw that up.
Randy
Last edited by 32lbking on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 pm

I added the Chrome PB fix and now I can see all the pictures as well.

Since I'm adding two more lane changers in, I thought I may show detail on the modifications needed. After dismantling and cutting the section to size, you fill the voids with Bondo. I think the difficult part carving the relief back in for the lane change gate. It's no more difficult that any custom resin body work though.

Return flipper and wire bail, bottom view

Wire bail lane change gate, top view.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:43 pm

Let's see if I can update some.

This is my pattern for where to cut the hole for the LC.

Still a chance to chicken out.

It's way too late now.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:55 pm

A few more.

This is where I thought the R to L should go. I made the blend slot curved and it works great.

This is the awkward, end of straight LC. It's not ideal, but it works. I just cut up some MDF for the router fence, I did the same for the curved LC, just more curve.

A nice over view. I really like the 124 cars, 6 of them are a blast. "My next track" will have to be bigger and longer and will have some better thought out LC's and probably some Lane gate features just so I could run some slow, programed back marker cars.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:11 am

Now that you've had this up and running a few years, other than adding more lane changers is the layout still working for you? Anything you would change or done differently?

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:09 am

Looks like I'll have a bigger screen to see race information on. The house gets a new TV means the garage gets the old one. Up till now, I've been using a $5 thrift store 15" monitor, this 32" TV should be easy to read on the opposite wall. I think to wrap it up up, I'll have to wall mount it and source a 15'-20' VGA cord.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 am

This track is really something else! Excellent work so far!

As for the TV - nice score! I wall mounted a 32" for mine as well and not a second too soon - my eyes were having issues seeing the monitor from a distance - no more!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby buspor63 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:16 pm

I was able to do some detail work on the track, well, detail for me at least. For wall cushions, I've been using some foam strips from floor mats, while effective, not very eye pleasing. I noticed my kids nerf darts looked to be the right size for simulated tire walls. Ebay provided me with 100's of them in the color of my choice. I chose orange and white, keeping with the colors of our friend Bruce, "DaVols".

They are fairly easy to make using a box cutter and hot glue. I quickly made three lengths of barrier and then cut them to the length I needed for each corner. If time permits, I'll make a video of the construction and installation.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:56 am

My brain must have stopped working a long time ago. I can't come up with simple fixes like that anymore. :lol: Well done.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:37 pm

That is a neat solution for barriers!
Thanks for sharing!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Awesome idea on the darts!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby buspor63 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:32 pm

I added a guard rail, just to see how it looks. It's made from TOMY HO guardrails and just painted. Looks good enough to me, I think I'll add some more in non-critical locations. That's a 1/24 car for comparison.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard