[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Routed Carrera D132

Routed Carrera D132

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Routed Carrera D132

Postby buspor63 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:24 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:09 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:58 am

I'm with David on that. I don't know why some feel that it is sacrilegious slot car tracks not to have to have a long uninterrupted straight. Perhaps it is a place for them to take a rest once a lap since there is nothing to do but hold the trigger down.

I really like what you are doing with this track. From time to time I have entertained the thought of switching to digital and since I am addicted to wood, anything digital for me would have to be wood also. I watch this project with great interest. :text-bravo:
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:02 am

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm looking forward to sharing my failures and succes's
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 am

I have a fairly long straight on the road course, and I love it, the reason why is unusual though. I find that my friends with faster cars love the back straight to let their cars rip, only to catch up and then get the pants beat off them through the corners! It does keep the racing equal that way. :lol: I like a course with character, a kink in the Long straight like David's is cool to me, and makes one drive the course. Wood or plastic, without challenge, it gets boring to some degree.
But above all things, build YOUR track the way YOU want it. Anything you end up not liking, can be changed.
My two cents.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby ourwayband » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 am

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:54 pm

Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chris » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:03 pm

What a fabulous track! I agree totally with what the other guys have said, build what you want as you will spend most time on it.
Really like that fold-away bit.

Cheerio,

Chris.
chris
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:54 am

Still working on the track, just slow to update. At this point, both lanes are routed, three Carrera D1XX lanes changers are faired into the racing surface, FRP wall board has been used for retaining walls, aluminum window screen has been used to fill in open spaces and I'm learning about plaster cloth, HydroCal and Sculpta Mold.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:49 am

It's looking great!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:44 am

I'm sure it all looks the same to you viewers, but it gets more exciting to me. I have paint! Looking forward to taping in a couple of days, doing some wiring, cutting up a Carrera Control Unit, etc. I dont think I'll worry about covering the plaster cloth to soon, I wanna run it!

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:17 am

That is looking great! :banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:17 am

Yes Sir I agree with Todd, that is a great piece of building there.
Just saw this thread today and had a read from post 1.
Your design ideas are really good, and I really like the track layout.
Nice flow , but not a track where you dont have to think. I like that
Kudos
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby buspor63 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:53 pm

WOW, IT WORKS! Finished the last of the taping, wire taps, setting the lane change and timing sensors to the correct height around dinner time. I just let the kids run the three Carrera D124 cars so I could see the flow. Naturally the track is still green, so the cars slip and slide around a bit. I hope to be able to post some better pictures here, the misses has a iphone 6+ and it takes really great photos and videos.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:19 am

That is great to see!
Look forward to seeing some video in the near future as well!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard