[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Routed Carrera D132

Routed Carrera D132

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Routed Carrera D132

Postby buspor63 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:56 am

Simmer down now, just getting started with the prelim work to see if I can do it. I took a lane change section to the table saw to whittle it down to size, cut a recess, routed the slots, painted and taped, soldered jumpers and connected the black box. Voila, it worked!!

Track will probably be 16X6, have a bridge, five or more lane changes, maybe a pit lane. I will use the Carrera control unit and B. Yinglings software.

Working track name, Thunder Road maybe Copperhead Road. Both songs mention Knoxville.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Routed Carrera D132

Postby cagee13 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:59 am

This is great. I'll be looking on with interest. We had discussed possibly doing this but to see it actually materialize by someone is awesome.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 am

:banana-rock: Looks great. Looking forward to further updates. :banana-rock:
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 am

I'm pretty excited about this too. Not sure why I was up at 4AM, but some days are like that.
Anyway, something I left out was that I pulled the rails and filled the slots with Bondo. The Carrera rails are slightly raised and I wanted to keep the track flat. I feared the bump up to the rails would excellerate wear on the tape and the braids.

I also need to be sure I can duplicate the trimming of the track and cutting of the hole quickly. The first one took too long and it'll be good to have system in place. Add that on top of the usual table build and track layout and the build could bog down.

We've been running some 1/24 cars so I'll need to use a wider lane spacing. My current three lane is around 3 1/2" and the Carrera is close to 3 7/8". On my brother's Carrera track, the 1/24 cars seems cramped so I'm thinking 4" - 4 1/4", I just don't want the 1/32 cars to get lost on the wider track.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:53 am

That is looking great!!I've always thought this would be a great idea.The best of both worlds.Keep us informed!
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JimD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Busport,

Any progress to report? I still owe you for your idea on routing out for the lane changer! The second one that I did I wired it to be independent so I could un clip the gator clips from underneath and take it to the bench with magnifier lite to work out the glitchy performance. Both of the ones in the current track gave me fits and laying on my back trying to work on one of these is a Royal PAIN!

Jim
JimD

Postby buspor63 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:31 am

Sorry, no additional progress on the track. I have been working on the garage, cleaning, repairing ceiling sheetrock and covering a wall in sheetrock. Slow, inconsistent and unreliable... hmmm...I just quoted my last job evaluation.

Other slot time has been spent running on "the Green Monster". My brother has a Carrera D1XX track close by, just too tempting. We were at it last night. I did determine that I need to go a minimum of 4" on lane spacing. The Carrera 1/24 cars are a little too tight even on Carrera track. Also, a minimum of 6" on the outside gutters. I plan on having painting the track to accentuate the racing line through corners and esses, some the inside gutters will look narrower than they are.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JimD » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:21 am

Buspor,

I noticed you use a table saw for cutting down your lane changers. Just wanted to say that I have been using my band saw, and it works very well. I think I did the first one on the table saw and it created a lot of chip out. I think the band saw is the way to go for anyone starting a d132 wood track.

Can you tell I'm bored? :lol:

Jim
JimD

Postby buspor63 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 am

I used acan new high tooth count carbide tipped blade so chipping was minimal.
Bored? Come down and help me remove popcorn texture from the garage ceiling. I could also use some help taping and mudding some seams.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JimD » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 am

Just leave that texture on there and get back to work on the track! :hand:

Jim
JimD

Postby RazorJon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 pm

this is cool
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby buspor63 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:55 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:22 pm

It is good to see you going on this again. I like the concept of the tilting table. That looks super easy to move that way!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby buspor63 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:28 am

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CarreraSlots » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:04 pm

That's impressive, nice work! :text-bravo:
CarreraSlots

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard