[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New track in central Illinois

New track in central Illinois

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

New track in central Illinois

Postby marriott211 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:48 pm

Okay, I picked this up from bookie a couple weeks back. Got it laid out but for the life of me I can't figure out how to elevate the sections I need. Anyone have experience with these tracks?

Jim

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
marriott211

Re: New track in central Illinois

Postby mattb » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Easy way is a table saw to cut various height pieces of 1 X 4 pine and a glue gun to stick them to the table and track. If you can't do that, styrofoam blocks cut with a knife and a glue gun will work. You will need to connect the overpass to both adjacent pieces before you start to worry about the elevation.

Just my opinion, but to make the track flow good I would loose that curly que that leads under the overpass. Looks like the pieces you have can adjust to that change.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby marriott211 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Thanks Matt. I spent the afternoon working on it and have a good idea on how to put it all together. I like the idea of foam blocks. I've got some left over polystyrene foam sheet in the garage....

marriott211

Postby WB2 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:30 pm

Before you do anything, you need to join the track sections together. You'll get a much smoother transition between levels.
Mind if I ask where you are in central Illinois?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby marriott211 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Champaign area. What's the best way to join the sections?

marriott211

Postby bookie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:10 am

The layout is coming along great. I love to see it being put to use :music-rockout:
Last edited by bookie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:45 am

Since you have section connections and stuff all figured out, I thought I would redo my post so others don't get bored or confused as I tend to go overboard. Just keep the pics coming
Last edited by bookie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby marriott211 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Lots of help from you guys got me this far...

I used mending plates to join the elevated sections. I've got to cut the bolts short as you can see here.

Now that I have the elevations figured I can start cutting the blocks to support it permanently.

marriott211

Postby bookie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:22 pm

I believe in Columbus you said it would be a couple months before you would be able to start. It is looking good :music-rockout: I would be careful on securing the overpass, you have to braid beneath it.
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby marriott211 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:24 pm

marriott211

Postby indybob009 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:41 am

Where are your controller stations going. I assume their against the outer walls. Standing inside the L wont work. Nice looking track also. Should be fun.
indybob009

Postby marriott211 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:28 pm

marriott211

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Great looking track going here!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby marriott211 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:06 am

marriott211