[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Let the games commence!

Let the games commence!

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Let the games commence!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Last edited by Dangermouse on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Let the games commence!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Looks like a lot of fun. Good luck and keep us posted please? I want to follow this :)

By the way, that old track is a great one too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ember » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Congratulations DM. It's finally going to happen. I know you've wanted to do it for ages.

Did you manage to re-home the old track or did you just give it the chop?
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm

...and the "old" wasn't that shabby either just quietly....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 pm

We will either re-cycle the old track and use bits for the new one or we will pull it down and see if anyone else wants to play with it... :)

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm ready! :banana-rock:
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 am

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:55 am

Hey David this is going to be cool. Im very happy for you that you are going to build a new track. You have spoken here & there about it for a long time now. Keep us updated as you go. Im keen to see some plans.

Oh & do us a favour. Come over & route my track when you are done as Ive had my track table built for many months now just waiting to be routed. :)
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 am

yep Greg - my brother lives in Japan -he has helped build all 3 tracks - we were going to do it last Christmas when he was over - but we ended up with a lot on and I couldn't get the timber organised in time.

So we may not get it routed, painted and taped while he is here - but we will give it a crack - at least get the design finalised so I can route it.

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Please keep us posted. I can't wait to see progress. I'm with Harry i thought the old track looked great. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:49 am

So the brain has been ticking and after visiting some inspiring smaller tracks (your's was one Ember) I am thinking of a 16x4 layout for the slot cars which will give me room to build the 8x4 model railroad layout I have had bookmarked and sitting with my trains for the last 4 years
cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:33 am

so we might try to fit something like this in

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Mine? Shucks. Ta.

I like the scenic potential in that draft David, but the driving side makes me nervous. Not sure why. Might have another look at it later on bigger screen.

Part of the fun is the planning.

Embs
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Happy Christmas Ember

I think once we start drawing on the board we will get a better idea of what works and doesn't work

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:18 am

So we were drawing on the boards tonight and have come up with this

the blue and the yellow are the slots - not the road width
back will be elevated, maybe with a hump-te-do in it, esses on the right will climb up to the bridge and then down before climbing up again after going under the bridge - lanes are pretty much the same length - the board is 4.8mx1.2m (16x4) and the track run is around 19m (62ft)

It is a work in progress not a work of art :) :banana-rock:

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard