[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Test bench project

Test bench project

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Test bench project

Postby DrumPhil » Tue May 03, 2016 8:02 am

I've been itching to get started on my first routed track, and have been picking up necessary components over the past few weeks. Have to wait until after our younger son's graduation party before I can start on the track, though. But last night I had nothing to do, so I decided to build a little test bench from lumber scraps in the garage. Finished the project in the wee hours this morning, when I couldn't get back to sleep.

It was a good way to get a feel for copper tape, learn what hole sizes to drill for my power tap screws, and try out the paint I bought from the mis-mixed shelf at Walmart. It also let me test the wiring method I plan to use for the track. Might make some adjustments from what I learned.

Maybe this unit will end up as a tire sanding station down the road. Anyway, it was a fun little project. As a friend pointed out, it's just nice to hear the sound of a slot car in the house again. :)
DrumPhil
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Test bench project

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 03, 2016 8:30 am

Always good seeing a new track come to life. Nice work.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 am

Very nice DP...you will end up using it quite a bit for whatevers!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue May 03, 2016 11:39 am

I am the lucky recipient of Johns Roller bed. I use it all the time. Thanks John.
I am sure you will find the one you have built to be Invaluable.
When I use my roller bench I can adjust voltage for motor break in.
And also when running I can hear any out of round tires on the roller.
I bet you could incorporate similar in your design Phil.
Great piece of tool kit.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue May 03, 2016 12:30 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to The Lumber Yard