[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What Type of Paint For Silicone Tires

What Type of Paint For Silicone Tires

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

What Type of Paint For Silicone Tires

Postby trakdaddy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:59 pm

I have decided to go for a wood track although I haven't ever built a wood track I feel confident I can do it with help from all of you guys. I have been running on plastic track for the past 15 years and have changed most of my cars to silicone tires and don't really want to add the cost of changing tires on 250 + cars to run on wood.

My question is what type of paint works best with silicone tires in your opinion?

Thank you for all of your help in advance,
TD
trakdaddy

Re: What Type of Paint For Silicone Tires

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:04 pm

In my experience silicone grips on most paint well -as you know dust is the enemy of silicone tyres so a glossy house paint might be best as you should be able to give it a wipe with a damp cloth to clean it up
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:07 pm

For starters you are going to get a lot of answers to this question. Everyone will think they have the best paint for the situation. I am just going to tell you what we used on our track. We only run Silicone tires here. We painted our track with Latex enamel semi gloss. It has plenty of grip and actually did from the start.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby trakdaddy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:19 pm

I don't know if it makes any difference but I plan on using copper for awhile until I am sure I like the layout.

Thanks,
TD
trakdaddy

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Not going to tell you not to do that but I would recommend you use tinned braid. Far better product and it doesn't get copper all over your tires.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby trakdaddy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:07 am

Mikeinclover I agree but plan on using the copper at first to determine what changes need to be made to my original design. Seems that copper will be much easier to accomplish this than braid.

Shotgun I appreciate your advise I think you may have saved me a lot of time and tires. :laughing-rolling:

Thanks,
TD
trakdaddy

Postby Dangermouse » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby trakdaddy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:46 pm

I can't take credit for the tape idea. I was going to go with braid first but Harry showed me the errors of my idea. He knows a lot more than I do so I am going to take his advice.

Thanks,
TD
trakdaddy

Return to The Lumber Yard