[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Oval AC2Car track

New Oval AC2Car track

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

New Oval AC2Car track

Postby 1Bad67 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Not new to slot cars or oval track racing, My son and I both race Dirt Late Models. But we need something to do when the weather is bad. We have been racing HO cars on a plastic track for years, but have decide we are ready for more.

The new track will be on a single 4 x 8 sheet of MDF. The cars will be 1/32 scale Sprints and Dirt Late Models. Any suggestions?

DSC_0186_jpg-2[1].jpg

IMG_4027_zpswhrp1gax[1].jpg

The%20Grove_zpsjzzgqjnv[1].jpg
Last edited by 1Bad67 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Bad67

Re: New Oval A2Car track

Postby strangebrew » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:46 pm

Very interesting track design.............
Be sure to check out the "Oval Racing World" section of this site for all kinds of builds & enough ideas to make your head explode.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:57 pm

I like your slot layout. I built a small AC2car oval about 10 years ago to test the concept. You can do all of it with only 2 lane changers (LCa's) I think I came up with a pretty good LCA system that allowed cars to change lanes at speed in a pretty natural arc. Here are a couple of links to my pictures. https://picasaweb.google.com/1015312831 ... llRingOval
https://picasaweb.google.com/1015312831 ... 556/AC2Car
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 1Bad67 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Thanks for the links. I already ordered 2 sprint car bodies & chassis, and a DLM body and womp chassis. It is needed to be sure the track is sized correctly isn't it? :D

Mike I'm going to spend some time looking thru your pictures.

I read about one oval that had to be run backwards because of the dead spots for the lane crossing. So I am trying to avoid that. Right now I have about 6" spots that are dead. I think it will be ok going into turn 1, but I am worried about coming back onto the front straight.
1Bad67

Re: New Oval AC2Car track

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:30 pm

The one place that I see where you will have to be careful is the blue line changer at the end of the straight into the turn. you will have the changer and an immediate cross over. If the changer is dead the car will have to coast over that and then onto a crossover that is also dead. If you look at my pictures, you will find that I came up with a way to tap track power to the surface of my flippers. It had to flip back and forth between positive and negative dependant on position. By having power through the flippers, you will eliminate a lot of that dead space.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 1Bad67 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks. I am going to try routing a test section this weekend. I keep drawing it out, but I feel like I need to make something I can touch to really see it.

Should I plan on banking the track? or will it be ok to leave it flat?
1Bad67

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard