[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New track in the making

New track in the making

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

New track in the making

Postby ratfink03 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:39 am

I have been working on a new road course track in 1/32. 24'x6' at widest point. I the process of painting backdrop now.
ratfink03

Re: New track in the making

Postby indybob007 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:21 am

Great track. Backdrop looks very real. Indybob
indybob007
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:02 am

That is an EXCELLENT layout! Very nice work so far! I really love the big sweeper on the end too.

GREAT looking backdrop! Come do mine - I don't like doing clouds LOL
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Tycosaur » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Looks fast with just enough tech to keep the trigger finger moving.
Tycosaur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ratfink03 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:40 am

Thanks for kind words. I worked on a couple ovals and decided to build a road course. So, tore last oval down and started this road course. Only a couple of guys into slots around my area, as I'm from a small town in Western NY. Anxious to get backdrop painted and scenery between back straightaway so I can get track painted and braided. Great hobby. A friend has a HO plastic track we race on Monday nites and what a blast they are. Will keep posting and if anyone has ideas to help me along, It would be appreciated. I have computer and track mate ready to install, so I probably could use the suggestions. Planning on dead strip. I only hope to get half the results you all have achieved with you layouts. There is a lot of talent on this forum !!!! thanks again
Robert
ratfink03

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:26 am

WOW! That is looking great! Looking forward to additional updates!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby ratfink03 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:17 pm

I got some facia up and some chicken wire (as they call it) hot glued in.. I have a 35# bag of hydrocal plaster that I had purchased a while back.. I really like it as I have used it on my railroad layouts. That along with plaster of paris which carves and casts really well..
ratfink03

Postby ratfink03 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Got a little more work done on layout. painted slots,track and started some hard schell along back wall.. Had a difficult time deciding on track color.
ratfink03

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Great looking track - and stunning backdrop

looking forward to more pics
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:08 pm

That is looking GREAT!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Not only is the track excellent, but that backdrop!!! WOWEE!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Alaskaracer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Great looking track!
Alaskaracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:55 am

Great track !! Looking foward to finished product.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ratfink03 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 am

I have a Plaster question. I had forgotten that Hydrocal when hardend, doesn't carve that well.. At least mine doesn't. Hard as a rock. So, I have some plaster of paris left over from my model railroading days I want to use but that didn't seem to set up and remained crumbly. It's still in powder form but I'm thinking that I used too cold of water to mix with it causing it to not set up or does it get old and un-usable?.. Any thoughts would be appreciated. What are you all using for rock molds and rock carving and I really enjoyed that part of Mdl Railroading. thanks
Robert
ratfink03

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard