[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Finally!

Finally!

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Finally!

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:56 am

So, I've bought an second-hand Full Trigger track with 4 lanes and 4" spacing. It's got a 16 x 6 footprint and my friends and I built the table for it last weekend (it was 17 degrees in the garage...). While not ideal as in all the turns are constant radii and no pinches, it will suffice. I'll be using an MG power supply with PM controllers and Slot Trak timing software with tire and fuel management. Got a surplus 55" HDTV for a monitor. Not sure of the theme or a name yet - all I know is that I'm actually in Palmer Lake if I incorporate that into the name (hi, Dave!)... Anyway, I'm thrilled to bits to actually have a track of my own at last. A close buddy of mine and I are always traveling around the Denver area to race and now we can give back to our racer buddies and have races at my place. Also, having a track on which to tune is a big bonus as well. The track plans are actually upside down. The back straight will be the front straight.

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Finally!

Postby dw5555 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:25 am

Looks great. Space is gonna be kinda tight for marshalling duties. It might help if you did little cutouts in the table where the curves go in. Gonna be a nice track. :music-rockout:

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:44 am

Very cool DB.
When I got my first track I was so happy.
I like the design and wouldn't be bothered by the radii.
Looks like you are going to some fun there sir.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:01 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby indybob007 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm

I LIKE IT. Please post pic as you go. Thanks
indybob007
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Nice to see this track getting installed! (saw the ad for it on another site)
Looks like while it doesn't have any varying radius corners, there are a nice variety of corner types - which should make for some fun racing!
Looking forward to seeing additional updates!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Maybe it's the angle of the shot. There's 20" to the back wall and 28" on the front wall (on the right). Plenty of room to get around.

I'll post more pictures as I progress.

Thanks all.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:40 pm

I Feel the joy of building a track from reading your post. It's like new car smell, as I look at my track and go :think: I can like the idea of putting the straight on the backside, makes sense, but whichever way you go is better than not having a track. :music-rockout:
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:07 am

Mark - WOW! That is a great room and a great layout! I'm so glad you've gotten going on it! I can't wait to be able to play.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dogsbody » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:31 am

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:21 pm

Mark, I actually really like this design. Should be a fast track with a good rhythm. Looks like lots of scenery options as well ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dogsbody » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Three of the four boxes arrived as indicated with the missing one due on Monday (or so they say...). So, here's part of what I have laid out. As you can see lots of room for 1/32 cars. Those are two 1/24 Carreras in the background.

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Definitely looks great.
Too bad we all live so far apart.
What a great setup to have in a club rotation.
Keep us posted Mark.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Ok, now that you've made the "vroom-vroom" sounds while pushing the cars along the track, put them aside and get to work prepping and painting the pieces you have :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby indybob007 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:30 am

Lookin good. Cant wait ti see more. Indybob
indybob007
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard