[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Finally!

Finally!

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Finally!

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:13 am

I didn't think of looking at the window trim section. I'll go and see what I can find. Thanks!
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:46 am

So, some progress has been made to Thruxton Motor Circuit. I used some type of corrugated plastic that cut very easily and secured it with nails (somehow i don't think I'm the the running for any craftsmanship awards...) and I still need to fix the runoff on a couple of corners and the empty space along the front straight. Then with the assistance of a friend, we wired the track and here we are. The Trackmate .5" guide sensors (these look like a fair bit of work to do now that the track is secured to the table...) arrived last Saturday along with the Slottrak timing software and associated cabling. That all goes in once I source a cheap computer. Yesterday I burned a ton of laps with the cars that I carry in my slot box and a few off the shelves using my temporary lap counter. Carrera must never have made an LMP because this silly thing only counts anything with a high profile and forget about F1s but then again, it can't sit s low as it's supposed to.. Fastest car so far is the Sideways Porsche 935 with a 4:73 lap. Slowest is the SCX 2CV with a 6:68. Time will only get better as the track rubbers in. As most of you know, it's pretty nice to actually have a track to race on - I am thrilled to bits!

I was truly inspired by racing at Dave Reineke's absolutely awesome track with his attention to detail, so the crowning touch will be when I FILL the track with Homies...
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:04 am

Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard