[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Looking for hill climb ideas

Looking for hill climb ideas

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Looking for hill climb ideas

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:49 am

I'm thinking I'd like to try a build a hill climb track. The 1 piece mdf looks to be the easiest but what do I know. Any photos and links would be great.

Thanks
bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Looking for hill climb ideas

Postby jcis4me » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:21 am

This is what I did with a 4X8 mdf sheet . . .
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jcis4me » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:28 am

Sorry hit submit instead of review . . .
You could go higher if you want like Rusty of ourwayband did.
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:34 am

Bruce, what is it you are trying to do? Are you wanting to build a track for your shop to race on, demo cars or something for your house? How much floor space you do have? What kind of cars do you want to run on it?

There are two advantages to a Hillclimb and both of them are that they save floor space. They save floor space by having one straightaway on top of another straightaway and they can be put up against a wall and still be turn marshaled which saves floor space.

I've never seen a 1 piece MDF board track like the one pictured which is a neat idea but that's not a typical Hillclimb because it doesn't have one straightaway over the other.

Take a trip to Richmond, Indiana and see Fast Eddie's track. If you want I'll go with you if you drive your Shelby 500. :D :banana-dance:

Butch
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:30 am

Bruce, The Dragons tail climb I built takes up 4x8. I was able to get 80ft of lane by going up and back down in a continuous loop.
It was cut from one piece of 1/2 MDF.Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:43 am

Both tracks are cool but I was thinking of the single lane idea but then I would need timing. Two lane would cancel the need for timing.

Butch, I would prefer to have it a the shop. I just need to find a good spot for it.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:52 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby btaylor » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:57 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby WB2 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:15 pm

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:38 am

Bobs or the 2nd one from nhdungeonracer is more what I thinking.

Thanks,
Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard