[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A little work on the Palmer Divide Raceway

A little work on the Palmer Divide Raceway

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: A little work on the Palmer Divide Raceway

Postby Broman62 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:41 am

Dave....this is one awesome layout you have there!!!! One of the best things (among everything else I have read here) is:

Dave quote:
"As for tips - the great thing with HRW is that we all teach each other. I see stuff everyone here does and learn from that to apply to my own track and car builds."
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Slow finger - thanks, it has been a joy to build this track.

Broman - Thanks - that is the entire reason I posted my build on my website too - we are here to help others.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:14 am

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

A little work on the Palmer Divide Raceway

Postby dreinecke » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:09 am

A few minor updates:

Added some track markers similar to what the original Continental Divide Raceway did at the end of the massive straight. As my track is an homage to this original track, the font is incorrect as some WISE-guy needled me about ;) Very simply done - just printed on matte photo paper, glued to photo matte-board and glued to some basswood strips. Not much, but adds a little something to a bare area.

I also finished a little larger project - a large Marchal billboard. Two gents on Slot Forum were the inspiration for doing this one. Same method as above but on a larger scale. The one thing I continue to work on is not making things perfect. A smudge, some weathering, a broken corner of a letter - these all lend to the realism in my book. Nothing in life is perfect, so why should my track be?

Now, get out there and make something!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Lou E » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:26 am

That Marchal sign is awesome! Along with everyone else, I really enjoy following your work on the track.
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:44 pm

hey Doctor,
that's pretty nice.
are the signs in scale feet, or simply what looked good? just curious.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks for letting us all off the hook with regards to "perfect"!!

I am sure in many cases a hourly worker had ten things on this 8 hour day list and "perfect" would never have allowed him or her to get them all accomplished.

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:30 pm

STUNNING !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Love the sign DR
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Nice attention to small details. Your track continues to impress. Very nice!
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RV Racing » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:10 am

A bit of France comes to the Colorado high country! Well done, Mr. Reinecke.

Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:10 am

NICE........Someday I'll have to build a car that also turns right....... :D
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:27 am

Looking better everyday.

Brew, start building. You have a track close by :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:42 am

My all-time favorite track David! Your attention to detail is superb! Even down to the "stainless steel" counters in the concession stand and the "nails" in the split rail fence. Awesome!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:31 am

I've had about another 30 figures I've been painting up and finally had the time to "plant" them. I also played around with my photo software on my night pictures. Part of the fun for me is doing this type of silly stuff, but it really allows me to enjoy my track.

Joe finally got some help in the snack bar:

The ABC guys on location:

More corner workers:

Looking a little more populated now:

B&W Night Pics from my old Kodak Instamatic:

I have some nice looking, fairly period correct soft-LED light poles coming from eBay. I hope to get those installed when they get here to light up the spectator area and paddock a little better for my new-found love of night racing.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard