[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Rustification scenery on the PDR by sixtiesracer!

Rustification scenery on the PDR by sixtiesracer!

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Rustification scenery on the PDR by sixtiesracer!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Cliff - known as "sixtiesracer" back in August of last year did these for me.

The Impala is a blem I painted nicely over the banged and broken parts. I decaled it too with the intent of using in on the infield as a crashed car. The sad part? I think I made this thing back in 2008 or so!

Anyway, after seeing his work and commenting on it, Cliff offered to "Rustify" the car as I wanted to park it behind the pit building I plan on building. As I am now getting closer to that happening I wanted to finish it off and show it off since he did an amazing job! But, the story is even cooler in that he sent me one of his old racers that he'd done this to as well! So now I have two cars to park in the dirt and weeds out behind the pits.

I can't speak much to his methods, but these look PERFECT. The patina and the damage he added to on the Impala is awesome. The Ford he sent me is just as cool and obviously spent time on a dirt track somewhere south of me.

I simply hot glued a cardboard interior tray in and then a few old chassis from some Tootsie Toy diecasts I had. I did have to cut the one in the Impala as I'd really twisted the old girl so that she looked like she'd been hit really hard.

I put them both on the belt sander to get the flat tire effect and put it all together.

Thanks Cliff for doing these, they will certainly add to the overall look of the Palmer Divide Raceway and will be conversation starters for years I have no doubt!

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Rustification scenery on the PDR by sixtiesracer!

Postby btaylor » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Very Cool! nice job on that!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dge467 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Those look great!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby scatman » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:32 pm

They look so real. Awesome!
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Impressive!
Definitely a cool addition to the scenery!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Dundee Denny » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Just too cool!!

Always enjoy watching newbie's to the track "find things".

These will be much talked about "finds"

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:32 pm

Hey.....wait a minute. Those are still race worthy! :)

Nice job indeed.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby sixtiesracer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Not bad considering I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:47 pm

You don't need a ruler - you're an artist!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:20 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:52 am

Those are very cool!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RV Racing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Perfect! Every track needs a few derelicts out in back (cars, not people). There must be iron filings in the resin to make them rust that nicely <g>.

Great job!
Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard