[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Wanted: Someone to build me a routed track

Wanted: Someone to build me a routed track

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Wanted: Someone to build me a routed track

Postby Dogsbody » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:04 am

I just don't have the skill set... :( I'd like a 3 lane road course in a 24' x 8' foot print.

I'm in Colorado.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Wanted: Someone to build me a routed track

Postby dreinecke » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:30 pm

Routing party? Got a layout plan yet Mark?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:25 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Dogsbody.....I routed my 1st track last year and it was a great thing !!
With your 24 x 8 footprint the sky would be the limit.
And here's a secret.....I even wired it !!! BOOOOM !!! LOL
Slot Car Corner is where I bought my router bits. Don't get them at a local hardware store like I did originally !!
Check this WONDERFUL board and you will find many suggestions. View a few tracks to get an idea. I used copper tape for my small 2 lane routed track and it works great !
Any questions feel free to ask me using PM.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Take a look at CruizinBob slot car tracks. If you don't want to do it, he may be the guy for you.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:04 pm

El,,, my Sellersburgh slotter thats funny . Spit out my coffee.......
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:22 pm

I've always wondered how I could tie in Monty Python with slot cars. Dream realized. :dance:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Dogsbody » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:33 am

Mark - that is stupidly simple...you can do this. If not, let's hold a party. Chris has my routing strip and I've got the router warmed up.

One question: are the lanes all the same spacing except the squeeze or is it squeezed in most areas. It looks to me like the dotted line is not centered in several spots.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby masmojo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Routing is Impossibly easy, but I agree that it seems rather daunting at first. That's where getting OldSlot racers video and Routing tools really helps the first time.

I knew it was something I could do, my friend had the video, gave it to me and I watched in and even though It just confirmed pretty much everything I was thinking. I did have the thought I in my head :oh, wow that's even easier then I thought"

I would say don't let people tell you what not to do. Yeah, there are good router bits and just OK one's, but just about any 1/8" bit will get it done. Get your router @ Harbor freight or see if the neighbor has one and borrow it! LOL! :lol: the Venture tape is great, but use the cheap stuff from Hobby Lobby if that's what ya got!

Why would I encourage you to do all tis dodgy stuff? Just to have fun!! Cause if you build one, you will build another and another . . . . :music-rockout:

Most of all just dive in! :dance:
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard