[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Remodel Time

Remodel Time

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Remodel Time

Postby chappy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Thanks for more pics Mike
I have to come to California some time. Lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 am

Come on down any time Bob.

Mark, When the lighting is right, my track photographs pretty well but it really is fairly straight forward. Basically it is built on two tables (4X10 and 4X12), each running down one side of my shop attic. The right and left sections of track on these tables are connected by two parallel bridges bridging across the 40" gap on the north gable end wall of the attic. I built this track out of particle board. At the time this track was built, I did particle board to save money. But the track has worked out so well, that now I swear by particle board as a track surface. The surfaced is stained with a mixture of oil base enamel paint and mineral spirits wiped off with a rag after application much like what is done when staining furniture. This surface works very well with even many stock tires. It really likes urethane tires. It also works well in the dusty environment of my shop.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:39 pm

I was ready to start laying braid in the new section but found out that I only had 18" of two sided tape left on the roll! Dang! I went immediately to my computer to order up another roll tape from SCC. Those boys are 24 hour racin' this weekend so I don't expect them to fill the order before Monday. Good luck to our resident endurance racers by the way.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:46 pm

Nice work Mike. I've long enjoyed your track and am interested to see how this new part runs and what crazy ideas you've got for the train!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 pm

Thank you David. From you I take that compliment as a high honor. I have admired your tracks as well.

As for the train, On30 is narrow gauge O scale which scales out to about 1:48 I think. That is a bit small for my 1/32 scenery. I may kit bash an 0-4-0 locomotive to look like a small Gypsy type locomotive in 1/32. Gypsies were really small steam locos which had winches built into the front of the chassis. They were used in very steep country around here during late 1800's logging operations. I would kit bash some rolling stock that follow to match in scale. The whole thing would wind up looking like something that you would see pulling tourists around. It makes sense because the fishing ports around here have become tourist destinations first and working fishing ports second. Our model train club operates out of the Skunk Train rail yard on the coast in Fort Bragg CA. The is a former logging line that is now reduced to hauling tourists through the redwoods.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard