[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Crusin The Coast / Gulfport Speedway ver. 2.0

Crusin The Coast / Gulfport Speedway ver. 2.0

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Crusin The Coast / Gulfport Speedway ver. 2.0

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Blake - seriously excellent looking track!!! I LOVE the bridge too and like that it has a story...albeit not a happy one.

The backdrop is fabulous ( I still haven't done mine yet) and I'm interested to hear more about your AC power experience. More control and no brakes. Perfect to me.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby regalman82 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:33 pm

regalman82

Postby regalman82 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Just a few shots of the bridge when it was new and a couple of different tracks with it.

That is three different tracks it has been on, now working on #4 :dance:

Thanks for looking

Blake
regalman82

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Blake, this stuff just turns me on (how old am I to use that expression?), and I just realized why that bridge is so familiar.

When I was a kid, Gov. "Uncle" Earl Long (pretty much crazy, but a real snakecharmer), of Louisiana, had a bunch of his relatives and pals building bridges very similar to that design all over south Louisiana at top dollar. Some of them still don't have roads going to them! The only detail your buddy left out is the long iron bolts that connected the top frame to the bottom frame to keep tension. Its a really good model. Is he a long time resident of the area?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby regalman82 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:58 pm

Rob, He is from Alabama and a bama fan and i lived in Baton Rouge (LSU fan) for 20 years before a few years in Memphis then 26 years in south Miss.

The Huey p Long bridge in N.O. and the old Mississippi river bridge in B.R. come to mind. I'm sure i am leaving out a lot of others but can't think of them right now.

Blake
regalman82

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Uncle Earl's were all little rural bridges out in the middle of nowhere. Nothing like the big, fine bridges in and around N.O. Funny you were in Memphis. I was there from 1966 to 1987. It was before that when I lived on the coast. Geaux Tigers!, by the way.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby regalman82 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 am

Finely finished working on the track :dance: Some pics of the last sections and a few of the overall track.

And my buddy tony (scatman) working on a car last week.

Thanks for looking!!!

Blake
regalman82

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Blake! I'm glad to see that track again. The photos are great, they really show how far you've come. The band is hilarious, roadies, security guys, etc.

Now for the question that's eating at me... Where was that car show on your photo page (I hit the link before your photos showed up on HRW and saw that shot)? I recognize some things in the background.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby regalman82 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:

That's the world famous crusin the coast held every November(opps my bad it's actually the first week in October) :D . Last year was the 20th, they had almost 8000 registered cars and probably another 2000 that just came to cruse.

Blake
Last edited by regalman82 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
regalman82

Postby regalman82 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:11 pm

and some more.....

Again thanks for looking.

Blake
regalman82

Postby bigman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:30 pm

WOW :text-goodpost:
Great update to your track, the pictures really capture the action. :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
Lots of great details happening all over the track area. :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving:
Then you add the outstanding cool looking wood bridge, way cool. :text-bravo:
:text-bravo: Thanks a bunch for sharing your story and your hard work. :text-thankyouyellow:

bigman :flags-waveusa: BIG Fan
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Very impressed with all the "bonus details" on your track!!

Your detail tricks the mind to feel you are really on the track and making laps!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Great looking track and ya can almost hear the band..
Cool deal!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Blake, looks great. Looking forward to tomorrow nights racing. Guys, we have some really close racing. If someone makes a mistake, it usually takes a lap or two before you are in a position to make a move for the lead.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard