[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fun In Bensenville!

Fun In Bensenville!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Fun In Bensenville!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Fun In Bensenville!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:10 am

I did not have much time sir. Had a full plate of visits with less time than I liked.

Sorry I missed ya...next time!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Cool Deal Harry!!

Bibbster we need to do this again fur sure..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Some great modeling is done there. Some of my pics were not good enough to capture some of the cars.

The Carrera and Monogram NASCARS on that oval are a BLAST. And it breaks down in minutes for easy storage.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HRWJim » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Some great tracks and cars and the trailer racing! I watched it with Harry on the phone and we were both laughing. What I wouldn't give to have a group like that here in Springfield. Some of those builds were very impressive but it's good to know you can just let loose and let your inner-kid go nuts. There nothing like just having fun, after all that's what this hobby is about. I will definitely have to make the trip back to my home state with Harry sometime. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Jim;

It just takes one person to push doing it. One person in our group just went ahead and
built an oval track, then set out to convince people like me that oval racing could be fun.
Once everyone was on board, it just went downhill from there. Incidently, the crazyness
was there before the oval track. There were nurfing matches all the way back to the
beginning of this group.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 pm

I thought we planned to make them for the next time I come out!

Looks like you guys had a great time. I laughed when I saw the trailers...great memories!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby DAVE » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:47 pm

I think RMS Resins needs to make a trailer kit so everyone can have one.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Hmm...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:05 pm

And it begins :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gentleman Norb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby Gentleman Norb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:35 pm

I scratchbuilt a 1:1 teardrop trailer for fun once. I bet I could scale it down to 1/25.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DAVE » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 pm

One of our guys did an outhouse trailer with an occupant eating a bucket of KFC. It also had racoons
in it which played the same part as the babies.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Forgot about this one, there is only on raccoon left, the other one is somewhere in Norb's garage...
Junior
Shop Teacher

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge