[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2013 Ford Fusion

2013 Ford Fusion

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

2013 Ford Fusion

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 pm

I am definitely not a Ford person, never owned one, never will. But I have to say I really like the looks of the 2013 Fusion. To me it resembles the Maserati Cambiocorsa, one of my favorite European sport coupes. Now whether, at a quarter or less of the Maserati's price, it is comparable in performance remains to be seen. But at least it looks good.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2013 Ford Fusion

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 am

I have to agree with Bibster, my cousin (retired Ford "suit") drives a Fusion....ok but nothing to write home about. I'm 6'3" and I don't fit in it too well. I drive an 06 Grand Marquis (V8, RWD :banana-rock: !) the car Ford (it and the Crown Vic) should not have quit making without a replacement. I fit, handles nice for a big'un and, to quote James May in little piece he did about them a couple years ago: "it looks like a car". I've owned 40 some odd cars since I was 16 of all makes and types (except Asian) and they all have their good points and bad but that term "American Easter Egg on wheels" describes just about everything out there today.
I'll climb down off my soap box now. :whistle:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:56 pm

It's looking less like an egg, and that's at least a step in the right direction.

What I really miss are headlights that are eighter round or square. I can't stand those slitty-eyed plastic banks of tiny lights and LEDs that are on the road these days.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DixonJohn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 pm

I've got a 2011 Fusion. It has the big engine (For that year)Much better looking car than the 2013.The spy shots I saw of the 2013 car is not what they released.I was fully intended on a new one, but not with what they released.I'm thinking Dodge Challenger this go ro round and I don't even like Chrysler(LOL)
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby moparjenny » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Well, let's see... classic round headlights vs angular "pop" headlights, 2 door vs 4 door, oval grill opening vs angular opening, sloping classic curved hood vs straight stamped hood, smooth overall coupe vs. boxy cheap looking sedan... nope. I don't see it.

But the wheels look a little bit alike.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FootScoot » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 am

I'll stick with what I have at the present. I have a cousin who ran junkyard (auto recycling), and as he explained it to me, there are no new cars, as they are all made out of old ones. He said that was the reason he had never bought a new car of any kind. :) I have only bought one new vehicle, and that was in 1983. :D
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:32 pm

The last new one I bought was a 1976 Chevy Stepside Shortbed. I regretted it for two years. Then I got a used 1977 Bronco that was the best car I ever had until I bought my current Buick Roadmaster when it was 8 years old-- The reigning best car I ever owned, Corvette engine and all.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Tony Diamond » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Big Ford fan here.... i think the new fords look alittle aston martin-ish. i think they look cool i was going to buy a new car last year but was waiting on the new cars to come out.
Tony Diamond

Postby Tubby » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm

I bought my wife a 2008 fusion. It has a little over 100,000 miles, with no problems. I went to the Detroit auto show this year, and the Fusion was getting more attention than any other vehicle there. I guess I am trying to say that it is a great car. If I had it to do over I'd buy it again without a second thought.

Tubby
Tubby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm still waiting for the Focus RS.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge