[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - UOP Shadow site

UOP Shadow site

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

UOP Shadow site

Postby Reslotted » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:18 am

Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: UOP Shadow site

Postby Cjent » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks, Ted!
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby olskoolslotz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:04 pm

Last edited by olskoolslotz on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
olskoolslotz
"THE Champ"

Postby DAVE » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Great site! I am definately a Shadow fan. Peter Bryant was one of my favorite race car designers. And
a real character. I was able to get some mechanical drawings of the MK II Can-Am car from him, which I
cherish dearly. Drawn on the board, they show suspension angle and radii of swing, etc. And the inboard
front brake system for the tiny tire version.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ddyke » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Wonderful stuff
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Ted, awesome, thanks for the link!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby tedm » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:56 pm

It's about time someone made some slot Shadows....
TED...
tedm

Postby Reslotted » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 pm

Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

THE SHADOW LIVES !!

Postby BIG E » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks for that EXCELLENT link! Very cool.
As far as slots go, did everyone forget the Aurora A/FX Can Am Shadow? That thing was all the rage when it came out back then. They're also now plentiful and cheap at the slot shows. Great raw material for making 'phantom' Can Am HO slots.
I think Aurora may have borrowed a little when they made their generic G-Plus 'Indy Special' in both black and white with the signature Shadow color strobe stripe.

Thanks again for the history (and I didn't have to sign on to that Facebook thing!)... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:38 am

Hey guys

im the guy that runs the UOP Shadow page on FB. thanks for the compliments im glad you all like it. a bunch must have joined the page as i noticed a jump in new members recently. Ted was nice enough to drop a line here and get the word out. please feel free to post any pics on the page or info if you have it anything Shadow related is welcome.

Thanks again
Donnie
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:16 am

Hey Donnie,
I wondered if you'd come over for a look.
Welcome to HRW. Nice Bunch of blokes over here. They'd love that Matra so please put her on the scratchbuilds so they can have a look.
Excellent Avatar Mate. Very classy.

Hi Everyone else,
Donnie here is more into AVS shadows than me And has been bitten by the slotcar bug. Wait til you guys see this Matra.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:09 am

Thanks bro. lol.. i think dreinecke ' Matra is the same as mine and his is nicer. but i had never previously done a resin car so i get a pass on it i think. ive always owned HO sets since i was a kid in the 70's but the 1/32 cars have slightly consumed me i think. this forum is great... lets see. Vintage F1, Can-Am , Drag Racing guys and scratchbuilders... i think i found a new home.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge