Thanks to My General

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Thanks to My General

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:56 am

Have to give a shout of thanks to my young bride General Myway.

She really supports my silliness with this hobby.

Thanks once again for helping make this weekend a fun one. All your work behind the scenes is what makes these events a success time after time.

I'm the luckiest slot car guy on the face of the Earth!!!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Thanks to My General

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 am

My wife, Admiral Me First, salutes her!

I know how much goes into that kind of hosting, the hardest part being making sure that the stranded folks feel they are a welcome change in plans, never a burden. It takes a real host to do it, and I'm sure Cindy is up to the job.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby RazorJon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:38 am

well I hope you plan on taking her out for a night off

Thanks for all you do Cindy :clap:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby GENERAL MY WAY » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 am

Thank you everyone, I enjoy it.

MOST everyone is welcome in our home and I want them to feel they are at home while they are here.
GENERAL MY WAY

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks to both Cindy and Harry for putting up with Bob and I for the weekend, and the extra day (thanks to Sandy :| ) You 2 were most excellent hosts, and for sure we had PLENTY to eat. I never had biscuits and gravy before, and Cindy served us some on Saturday morning. It was awesome!! Good thing we finished the braid job on Friday, cuz I wasn't good for much after that breakfast... :D

Also a special thanks to Anthony for giving up his bedroom for Bob and I. He was pretty quiet most of the weekend, but we finally got him to run some laps around the Show Me Speedway. The young fella can wheel a slotcar pretty good :banana-rock:

Got to run a considerable amount of the Bosses cars around both tracks. Have to say, the man knows how tune some cars. We especially enjoyed the Monogram and Carrera Classic Nascars.

We also got a quick tour of Dixon, MO (took all of 5 minutes :lol: ), and also got to see some of the original parts of Rte. 66. Neat stuff.

BTW-sorry about honking the horn at 4am this morning. I hit the wrong button to open the trunk.... :roll:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Harry, she is a real GEM and you'd be a fool not to thank her and grovel at her feet. I'm thinking a weekend at the spa for both of you would be a good way to show your love and appreciation for her. Some place that serves tofu, uses vegetables as a face compress, waxes unmentionables, and serves $9 water in a bottle...you know, your kind of place...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 pm

David, that's the funniest thing you ever said... LOL.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 pm

It's only funny if we can get her to take a picture of Harry with cold creme on his face and cucumbers over his eyes.

...all with an SCC ballcap on...

I'd pay money for that.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm

heheh, I bet you would.

Your welcome Dickie, it was our pleasure. I had a blast and learned a lot from both of you.

You fellas can drive a slot car.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 pm

I can only repeat what has been said already. Harry you are very lucky to have such a great wife to help you with these events. If you don't do what Dave suggested you should at least send Cindy for a day to herself to just relax and be pampered. For those that have not had the pleasure to visit, from the moment you arrive to the time you leave they really make you feel like you are a part of their family. You guys really make visits special. :clap:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge