[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Coffee...What is the best you have had?

Coffee...What is the best you have had?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Coffee...What is the best you have had?

Postby mokid » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:37 pm

The Best I ever had is wen it is free
lol :banana-rock: :evil:
mokid
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:48 pm

cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Folgers 50/50 Medium roast at home and my favorite shop is Umpire Coffee in Colorado Springs - not a single flavor of theirs that I don't love!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby pzooc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 pm

There is a restaurant in Key West named "Blue Heaven". We went there for brunch and dinner and the coffee was incredible - I used to order it on line. Drinking it in the Keys is better than at home - go figure

The second best cup of coffee I can recall is the first cup that my buddy brought me after awakening at the track at Mid-Ohio a number of years back. Nothing like watching the first practice of the day on a crisp morning with an entire weekend of sports cars racing ahead of you. Cup was styrofoam, coffee was god knows what but still it ranks second.
pzooc

Postby b.yingling » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:14 pm

My tastes are old fashioned. I don't really care for anything from Starbucks- or any other 'modern' coffee. No sweetener and no dairy, either. I like Maxwell House- original roast. A few scoops in the Mr. Coffee, some fresh filtered cold water and I am delivered my drink of choice.

I think the best cup I've ever had was a blistering cold New Year's morning at the golf course many years ago. The guy made good, cheap, coffee. Not sure what it was, but it sure did make the morning...
b.yingling

Postby jcis4me » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 am

Aloha Harry
PM me your mailing address and I'll send you some KONA Koffee! It knocks the socks right off haules! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aloha
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HutchTrickStar » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:10 am

The best I ever had was what my wife and I brought back from Costa Rica in '98. Don't remember the brand but we savored it until it was gone.

One of the guides told us we shouldn't brew it straight but blend it with cheaper coffee. We looked at each other like he was nuts.
HutchTrickStar

Postby MoparGreg » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:06 pm

I used to drink ALOT of coffee. I think I was addicted to it. I needed a coffee in the morning to wake up & function. Later I found myself drinking coffee all day. I just loved the stuff. I decided to cut down & now I dont drink coffee at all. I have not had a cup of coffee for about 6-7 months now. I craved it for about a month, now I dont think I could drink the stuff. The reason I stopped drinking it is it made me super jittery & shakey. I dont want to sound like a poof but I just drink tea now.

I watched a documentary on TV about 6 months back about coffee. I watched the tail end of it. Apparently some animal, I cant remember what animal or country, It may have been some type of cat? The animal eats the coffee bean & poops it out. People collect the bean & make coffee from it. Apparently its one of the nicest cup of coffee you will drink!!! Honestly Im not to sure I like the sound of poop coffee, you know just the idea of where its been. :)
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Greg, you're right. I read about that a long time ago, and it is also the most expensive coffee there is I think. I don't remember if it was a cat or some other critter.

I would also point out that you live in one of the few places in the world where people commonly know how to make a decent cup of tea. Its rare here. Ontario, Canada spoiled me to good tea (and tea cakes, shortbread biscuits, etc).
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby moparjenny » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 am

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 pm

HRW....It's not just for slot car's anymore. :lol:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldstromguy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 am

The best tasting coffee I've ever had was at the MGM Grand hotel in Las Vegas.
I asked the waitress what brand is was. She said it was a liquid syrup, but I forget the company name.

It sounded like the filtron thing that waaytoomuchintothis posted about.
oldstromguy

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge