[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Coffee...What is the best you have had?

Coffee...What is the best you have had?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Coffee...What is the best you have had?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Ok, I am a coffee guy. Sadly I do not try much different kinds. I have had some overseas that I am happy to report I have forgotten. Not the greatest.

And yeah, I even drink instant! Folgers man myself.

What brands/blends are your "top shelf"?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Coffee...What is the best you have had?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Oh Tony? Remember I have bandwidth ok? So limit your choices under 100 :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Jesla » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Custom Roasted Guatemala Antigua.............. :dance:
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 pm

I've been hooked on medium roast stuff now. In the freezer I have some Meijer brand medium-roast coffee. Before that was some medium-roast Starbucks stuff.

And then there's the caramel vanilla creamer that I put in there, too. :)
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

When my family lived about an hour out of New Orleans on the Mississippi/Louisiana line, I learned that coffee- good coffee- is a religion, not a beverage. The big secret in south Louisiana is a Filtron. When I was a boy, it was a huge glass bowl with a filter at the bottom, into which you put a pound of ground coffee, and the amount of water required to fill to the line on the big glass bowl. After 12 hours, the coffee syrup that this produces make the most amazing coffee I ever tasted anywhere in the world. You put a tablespoon or so of the syrup in a cup, hit it with hot water, and poof! the best damned coffee anywhere from any bean, any roast, any grind. Every quality restaurant in New Orleans knows the secret- now you do, too. You refrigerate the syrup in a carafe and use it one tablespoon at a time, so you get 10 times the amount of coffee (with no bitters at all), from a pound.

http://www.filtron.com/

As for brands, I like Community Coffee from- you guessed it, New Orleans. My favorite grind is drip, my favorite bean blend is Evangeline.

Don't waste time or money on Starbucks for anything. They suck.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bookie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:42 pm

bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby boopiejones » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:23 pm

for my wife's b-day last year i bought her a breville barista express. we typically buy the 2lb bags of whole bean espresso from costco. put that into the breville and it is pretty amazing. puts starbucks to shame.
boopiejones

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

From 1981 through 1984 I was spending a lot of time down in Ecuador working on a big project for the company I was employed by.

We got to know the techs working for the company and soon became pretty good friends. If I could, I would have an IV hooked up to the coffee pot. We went out and bought some 'test equipment' (at least that's the way it appeared on the receipt we turned in on our expense account).

One of the techs told us his 'aunt' owned a coffee plantation and he would pick and roast some coffee for us during the coming weekend. It was some of the best coffee I have ever sampled. I would love to have more of the same.

At present, I go to Wally World and buy the "Dark Roast" coffee in a 2 pound can for about $8.00 and it makes a very good cup of coffee.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby BRP32 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Texas Turtle from World Market.....

Good stuff.

When we don't have that available then it is, "The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Marty reminded me. When I worked construction in Venezuela years ago, we use to love something called "Cafe Molido". I brought 7 pounds of it home with me and loved it even more. Years later, I realized that the name meant "mild coffee". It was just like the beer named "Cervesa Beer" which means, "beer beer". I still haven't found it again, and the Venezuelan gov't has gone gonzo since then.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby reel55 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Seattles best coffee - great taste !!!
reel55

Postby cagee13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 pm

At home I drink Folgers and at work we drink the cheapest coffee possible. It's called Stewarts and it comes in a pre-filled filter Baggie. After getting used to cheap coffee you'll never go back. LOL
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hoganracing » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:31 pm

hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby Ember » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 am

Not quite what I expected to be posting as a first up on (another) slot forum... But here's a possibly unexpected response from an Aussie...

Some years ago I had a friend in Philadelphia who would periodically send me a few pounds of whatever his wife had roasted that day at Torreo. By the time it got to Melbourne five days later it had rested just the right amount and was perfect. I miss those days. But their Columbian smelt like cat's pee.

Melbourne has become rather known for it's coffee culture. You probably wouldn't believe how into coffee they are... As a former Melbourne girl I can honestly say Starbuck's sucks. It's the McDonalds of coffee.

Embs
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ListerStormGT » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:03 am

I have some of the Seattle's Best coffee right now, it was on sale ay Wally World so I gave it a try. I think it has a terrible smell out of the bag but it actually tastes pretty good. I usually just buy the Folger's Custom Roast as that is my favorite. Dunkin Doughnuts coffee is another favorite but its a little pricey. For those of you that like cream in your coffee I stumbled across some of the liquid International Delight ColdStone Creamery "Sweet Cream" man the stuff is awesome in coffee!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge