[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I'm NEW (I think?)

I'm NEW (I think?)

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

I'm NEW (I think?)

Postby Groucho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 am

OK, 57 yrs old. Had lots of slot car fun in New York in the 60's. At 14 I moved to Socal in 1969. I was car nuts so my focus was on the real thing since I'd be driving in 2 yrs. Fast forward...I've had literally hundreds of special interest cars from drag cars to Muscle Cars and everything in between. For the last few yrs I've been buying and racing some HO cars. I have my own hot rod shop and on Thursday afternoon/evening a few buds come over for whiskey, BBQ and slot cars. (please lemme know if I posted the 2 pics correctly)

Last edited by Groucho on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Groucho

Re: I'm NEW (I think?)

Postby Groucho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Groucho

Postby Groucho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Groucho

Postby Groucho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Groucho

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:28 pm

I haven't been new since the middle of the Korean War! Unless I get that hip joint, heart valve, or new knee sometime in the near future.

Welcome anyway!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Jesla » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:00 pm

I got a new Pace Maker this year.........;)
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Welcome.

If you need more help with the avatar, just send me the photo you want to use.

harry at homeracingworld.com
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Tubby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Welcome sir! I love those cars in the pic above! How about some whole car shots! That corvette looks mighty sweet!

Tubby
Tubby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Groucho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Groucho

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Need a son? After looking at the cars - I'm open for adoption!

Welcome!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Groucho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Groucho

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Pic #4:
"Here come da Judge, Here come da Judge!" :naughty: (closest I could come to Sammy Davis Jr)

If you don't understand you're too young
AND you may be awardered the "Flying Fickle Finger of Fate" award (ask your parents/grandparents).

Welcome Groucho!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Groucho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Groucho

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 am

Welcome to the new board!

I definitely have seen your cars and posts over on the HAMB - fantastic stuff!

Love that '37 Chevy C/Gas coupe (or is it '38 - because of side hood vents?) - it just sits right.

You should try out the 'big' slot cars - 1/24 scale scratch built is sort of the essence of the "Golden Era" of the hobby. Some solder and brass and a nice bullring to run 'em on... But I am biased - I have a Jones for the vintage asphalt modifieds that used to run at Islip Speedway in the late 60s, in New York.

Welcome again - I look forward to your posts.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby woodguy32 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:35 am

OH YEA... Wow.. Dig those HOTRODS... Yup, thats it I am Hotrodding my Split-window. ( Hate the thing stock )...Love the stance..how did you raise her up front.. Pure Awesome..

Agree with Vintage... Go to the big scale.. very easy to a build wood track and its just more fun reliving the Slots of our youth... More fun to run.... Ex-Long Island guy, and ran Slots at Hi-Way on Rt 24 on the pike as a kid..Well also cruzied a bunch of HotRods there too.. haha

Welcome aboard.. it is an Addicting Hobby and A great Crew Here at HRW..

Thanks .. Woodguy32 :D
woodguy32

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge