[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Roaring Roadsters... Amazing Rare Footage..

Roaring Roadsters... Amazing Rare Footage..

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Roaring Roadsters... Amazing Rare Footage..

Postby woodguy32 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:10 am

WOW.. Awesome... Always loved this stuff..The Roots of Hotrodding..

wood
woodguy32

Re: Roaring Roadsters... Amazing Rare Footage..

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 am

That was seriously awesome! Thanks for sharing it!

I can't imagine driving those - no safety except a Polo helmet, an occasional bar that looks weaker than a coat rack, and that dust...that had to have been awful to breathe. Add to that the cigs, and I'll bet they were hacking like crazy after the race.

I did see Jim Rathman at the 2:30 mark!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby woodguy32 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 am

Yup.. a few famous names in the hotrod world..are racing .. But I wood dig any of them to have on the road today.. They all got that "Look" I love..
woodguy32

Postby scuderia-del-teschio aka » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:08 am

wow ,fast on dusted track, no safety device apart some rollbar made with water pipe!!!
good old days.
scuderia-del-teschio aka

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:16 am

I love that stuff. Movie theaters used to have short features before the movie, one of which was called "A Pete Smith Specialty", and he did a whole episode on these cars in California. There may have been some of the same guys in it. If you wonder how long ago that was, the movies with shorts, cartoons, actual food in the concession stand, all that-- cost 50 cents per head for brand new movies, 25 cents for movies making a second or third run. And we all wore coats and ties to the movies. Woof.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby olskoolslotz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:16 am

Last edited by olskoolslotz on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
olskoolslotz
"THE Champ"

Postby DixonJohn » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:24 am

Thats exactly what I was am going after with my little dirt car. Thanks for the link
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:56 am

Just great stuff.

Thanks for the link.

Of course NOW I want to build some too.

Yo Oldskool....need any help with those? heheheh
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Absolutely cool, "coal shed engineering" at it's finest! For you super detailers out there note the "on board tool kit" (pliers) in the opening interior shot. Here I thought my tilt bed trailer for my Kubota was original :think:
Thanks for the post!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Hmmmm... Highway Pioneers, eh? How would a 1909 Renault limo or a 1916 Cadillac look as a dirt track car? I mean, other than heavy as heck.

Hey Sarge, My Kubota would throw me into outer space on a tilt bed. What did you do?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:43 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby olskoolslotz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Last edited by olskoolslotz on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
olskoolslotz
"THE Champ"

Postby youngster » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Loved the Flim; It was GREAT. Sure wish someone bring
back some 1/32 Early Kits like that. Had a Whole box full a couple of
years ago and like a Foll ; gave 'em away; sure wish now that
I'd hung onto 'em.
ALL YA'LL Have A Great; Safe Weekend.

Youngster
youngster

Postby RazorJon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Wood, that was great, thanks for posting

makes me want to go race but I have to cut grass

Hmmm my lawn tracktor looks a little jalopyish, heck we are off to the green track for some racing :dance:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HRWJim » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm

I totally building one to race with you DixonJohn. RazonJon gave me a 1/24 kit this summer at Harry's and I just needed motivation. Great video, I love the safety equipment. LOL Nice helmets and I think only a couple guys had rollbars. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge