[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Cooking

Slot Car Cooking

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Slot Car Cooking

Postby Ember » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Yup. That's a good'un hot or cold.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:26 pm

That reminds me... Lynne, when an Aussie friend came to see us years ago, she finished eating a pot roast I made and said, "Good tucker!" I assumed she liked the food, but what does that actually mean?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Tucker is simply a colloquialism for food. So, bush tucker is indigenous food. Posh tucker is fancy fare. And good tucker means you did something right. :)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Well, I took it that way, but I never really knew. She was full of wry funnies, and it has crossed my mind that she was sticking it to me. She had been a foreign exchange student in my wife's high school in the middle 60s, and she came to see us in the 70s. Station girl, full of fun, brought a new baby with her to show us. When she went home, she and her husband sold the sheep station and went walkabout for two years. They settled back in NSW later and as far as I know, are still making babies and working sheep, happy as hell. Nice folks.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Somehow 40 years after the visit I rather doubt she's still making babies. ;)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:43 pm

She was a helluva woman. I wouldn't put it past her if she set her mind to do it..
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:47 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Gotta ask. What's Rotel?
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Ember » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Ahhh... Ok. So canned tomatoes and some sambal olek would suffice?
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Ok. I might have trouble trying this one. There's just no substitute for Masa either instant or otherwise. Have to get some when next in Melbourne.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Ember » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Yup. I usually pick up supplies when I go to the big smoke. Can't get Indian red rice here, smoked paprika, tom yum paste, chipotle, venison (unless it's on the hoof) ... The list goes on. It's probably the thing I miss most since moving here 10 years ago, daily access to Melbourne's Queen Victoria Market. :(
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Lynne, masa is just corn flour. I'm sure you can get that. If you have to, you can put cornmeal in a processor and whiz the heck out of it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Yeah, I realized it was finer than standard corn meal. D'oh. Didn't think of trying to re-process polenta or cornmeal. If I can regrind instant polenta will I get instant masa? Must be the return of the heat. I'm getting brain fade. :)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Ember » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Home alone for the weekend. I hate cooking for one but I actually felt the urge to eat this morning.

1/2 cup self raising flour
Pinch of salt
1 duck egg
2 tbs plain yoghurt
2 tbs milk

Butter is home made cultured butter.

Happy me :D
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

PreviousNext

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge