[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Over and Out!

Over and Out!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Over and Out!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:05 am

Well, heading to the hospital to get the shoulder done. Should be bigger, stronger, faster...wait...wrong show. Last longer in be....nope, wrong commercial (I have NO problem there anyway :D

You guys keep the place clean so Harry and Jeremy don't have to work so hard. Unless I can type well left handed, I probably won't be posting much for a while.

See you on the flip side!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Over and Out!

Postby HRWJim » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 am

Good luck with the shoulder David. I hope everything goes well. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Take care, and hope it goes right.

I'll call after I know the meds are working.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Why didn't I think of that?

Stay cool, David. Do what they tell you and smile through the pain. With drugs.

"And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile, It don't cost very much, but it lasts a long while."-- John Prine, a long time ago
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Hang in there buddy, I'm sure you will do fine. You will get the hang of that left hand in no time! Here is to a quick recovery with little to no pain.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

I'm Alive!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:12 pm

...sofar ;)

The real test will be in about 3-5 hours when the block wears off. I've already started the Percocet to make sure I come off the block as easy as possible.

Surgery went well and lasted about 2 hours. The good news is that they didn't have to cut the bicep tendons and attach them to my inner arm. Why? I had completely severed the bicep :o and that is why the Popeye bulge was so bad. So, that was attached to the inner arm with bio-screws.

They removed the calcium deposits - and there were some big ones. They also did not repair the rotator cuff - it was only 30% damaged and threshold is 50% to repair. So, they removed the debris and frayed areas, but said if I damage it down the road I'll probably have to have it fully done in about 10 years. :evil:

The best news tho was that the bicep tendon did not damage the pec muscle where the intersect. That surgery is very painful and has a long recovery I've been told.

Anyway, this took about 15 minutes to type, so I'll probably just lurk more than post unless I really can't keep my mouth shut about something.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and well-wishes!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Padirt » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:15 am

Hang in there David, think of how much better you'll feel when it's all done!
Padirt

Postby FootScoot » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:41 am

I think it's only fair that Harry and Jeremy split your duties equally. :lol: Get better soon David. We're all rooting for you, but you already know that. :)
Last edited by FootScoot on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 pm

"I think it's only fair that Harry and Jeremy split your duties"

Yeah...but Jeremy is on honeymoon all week, while Doc here is hunting ducks with a rake thanks to the meds.

So guess who gets to have all the fun? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RazorJon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 pm

good luck bro
we will run some laps for you Saturday
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby dreinecke » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm so jealous!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Rest up and follow all of the Doc's instructions so that you will heal well.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks, got the follow up appt. shortly. Hope to get the bandages off as they are itchy!

I'm doing as well as can be expected. Yesterday about 4am the block wore off - that was NOT fun. I also sort of fell in slow motion this morning - nothing major, but I kind of leaned into the couch doing so. I'm still paying for that. good thing I get my meds in 10 minutes!

I'm getting faster typing with one hand just to tick Dickie off ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge